Have you ever "reconnected" with a detector?

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early this year I felt like I had kind of hit a wall. My beloved M6 that I thought I knew SOOO well seemed like it was either starting to suck, or my understanding of it was going in reverse. I had lost nearly complete confidence in it. I wasn't as motivated to go out and hunt, and when I did, I just started to get grumpy. My find quantity and quality was sliding downhill, and I didn't know what the problem was. I knew something needed to change.

It just so happened that I had a heap of clad stashed away, and I decided to buy a different machine to break up the monotany of running just the White's. I ended up buying a 5.75" Compadre and putting quite a few hours on it in a short amount of time. I LOVE my Compadre. Granted, the depth is not the greatest, but the discrimination is phenominal. More importantly, it has taught me something about detecting that I cannot place my finger on, but that has helped me immensely none the less.

After 50 hours or so on my compadre (during which time I had entirely neglected my M6) I decided to give the old White's a run for its money. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the reunion gave me nothing short of an epiphany in the machine's language. I had a moment of metal detecting clarity!:laughing7: I understood it better than I ever thought possible.

I'm not sure what it was about getting another quality detector to work with that ultimately keyed me into my White's. Perhaps learning the single tone Compadre's language gave me some sort of auditory training that suddenly compounded when I returned to the seven-tone White's? I think it may have something to do with it. Regardless, I have rekindled my relationship with my M6, and I love it more than ever now. THE END:tongue3:

Upvote 0

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like an old pair of "Fruit of the Looms".

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Only machine I have,no need for an upgrade I find plenty with what I have.

GOD Bless

Chris

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like a different machine to teach an old dog new tricks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread