doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So out of your line up of detectors, I am wondering what do your kids like using best out of your detectors? Hopefully not mom or dad's favorite but if it is so please list as I like to wonder what young generation are turning too? I am not a manufacture looking at the current market trending... just curious that is all. Do they like the fancy screens, seperation, recovery, wireless, or just the simple the analog beep and dig machines out there?

Thanks for listening can't wait to hear your responses to what your kids like not you!:icon_thumleft::headbang:8-)

Upvote 0

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were in SC visiting family last month and my nephew has a bounty hunter junior. He's 5 years old and loves treasure hunting. He couldn't wait to metal detect with me at the beach. Well, he brought that along and followed me around with my CTX. His detector was falling everywhere and that's kind of hard to explain to a five year old. So what I did was give him my Garrett carrot and I would dig signals with my CTX and once I know it was out of the hole and in the pile of sand, he would go to town with the carrot to retrieve the target. He had a blast. Heck, even one target which I didn't know what it was while in the pile, he found it and said it's a ring. Sure enough, a 925 toe ring. I let him keep all the finds. We found enough change to get some ice cream. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498047434.790221.jpg

HH

Vdubguy

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, anyone else?

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My kids have used my AT Pro and enjoyed it. They like finding foreign coins to fill holes in their collection. My daughter mostly likes to stay home and take things she likes from my finds lol.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son has a Tek Gamma, loved it because of the easy to use screen.
He likes to use my White's sometimes because of the Colored screen and it has better beep sounds.
I have asked if he want to try the Deus but he passes on it every time... not sure why. :dontknow:
I ask why and he just says he doesn't want to... I think because it costs a lot, he is afraid to break something.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were in SC visiting family last month and my nephew has a bounty hunter junior. He's 5 years old and loves treasure hunting. He couldn't wait to metal detect with me at the beach. Well, he brought that along and followed me around with my CTX. His detector was falling everywhere and that's kind of hard to explain to a five year old. So what I did was give him my Garrett carrot and I would dig signals with my CTX and once I know it was out of the hole and in the pile of sand, he would go to town with the carrot to retrieve the target. He had a blast. Heck, even one target which I didn't know what it was while in the pile, he found it and said it's a ring. Sure enough, a 925 toe ring. I let him keep all the finds. We found enough change to get some ice cream. View attachment 1464274

HH

Vdubguy
Great story!! Ya just made another hard core treasure hunter out of him.....oh well, I can think of a lot worse things!!:headbang:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
My son uses an Xterra 705 and my daughter uses an Ace 350.

They don't use them much anymore, but once in a while I get them all swinging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread