Idaho campsite outing with a LOL

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Spent a pleasant morning upriver at whats called a primitive campsite (no amenities). It was unoccupied which is rare this time of the year. I hunt these on full discrimination because of the tabs, caps and melted cans(budnuts) this is the reason for the majority of pennies, dimes, and quarters. The ring has an aluminum band and a amethyst like stone. Think it's a toe ring or childs. I dig these sites with a shovel, just scoop into the mesh Garrett gold pan, check if the signal is there now, sift it back into the hole, replace the sod and move on. The laughter was when I picked up this crumpled piece of paper and saw it was a list of items for a scavenger hunt. The creekbed 50' away is made of "circular"rocks, the grass and weeds are waist high and you're surrounded by pine and cottonwood trees. Bet this didn't keep the kids busy too long. Any I had a fun morning and hope you all did too. Thanks for looking.
Silverswede:

Attachments

• bumble bee.jpg
    bumble bee.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 164
  • crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 000_1659.jpg
    000_1659.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Nice setting ;) I wondered how to hunt that kind of trashy area :-\ I'll have to turn up the disc. on the SE next time huh? HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread