Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: What type finders bag/gear belt/gear rig do you guys use? Post some pictures!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What type finders bag/gear belt/gear rig do you guys use? Post some pictures!

I've been curious how everybody else carries their pinpointers/shovels/finds/etc around while they are out detectecting. I always see guys carrying round shovels and stuffing stuff in their pockets but I couldn't imagine being that unsecured.

I used to use waterproof canvas bags that attached to my belt loops using carabeaner clips.

Now I have rigged up a "tactical" fanny pack. It works so much better and even carries my 22" handle wilcox trowel better than I carry my PR-24 baton on duty lol. It has molle straps so I was even able to attach my gp pointer (garrett carrot knockoff) and edge digger along with having enough pouches that I can separate the iron, clad, valuables, and be able to attach a separate canvas bag for trash so I don't get my New rig dirty.

Here's mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170717_000033.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	477.1 KB 
ID:	1473285
    RustyGold, Kray Gelder and pinenut like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    3227 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Very cool setup. I'm a beach hunter so any finds I put in my cargo shorts pocket.
    The_Piratess likes this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1027 times
    I have the Park Ranger custom made pouch from a fellow TNet member, Freeloader and it's fantastic. Check out the thread titled, "Custom Pouches for Sale" in the "Treasure Related Stuff for Sale Forum.

Apr 2017
    253 times
    I was just thinking about this...i just got back into it recently and i just have a bag that i put everything in...its a hassle getting everything in and out everytime i dig. Ill be looking forward to seeing more posts on this thread.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Apr 2017
    253 times
    Where did you get the tactical fanny pack?

us
    papa

Feb 2017
    North Charleston, SC
    Fisher F75
    164 times
    Metal Detecting
    When I took up the hobby, I already had a couple of leather carpenter nail bags. With a belt, they ride on your hips, so they don't dump out every time you bend over. But I found the weight kept pulling my pants down. Got a heavy duty set of work suspenders, and what a difference! I would never consider doing without those suspenders now. Takes the weight off of your hips, and the pressure away from your lower belly, if you have a belly. I do.

Charter Member
    us
    No beep , No sleep

Apr 2017
    CT
    Phisher F44, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, White's TRX, Lesche digging tool, Park Ranger and Pack Mule finds bags by Freeloader
    490 times
    Metal Detecting
    I totally agree with SD51 on the Park Ranger finds bag by Freeloader. I love mine. There are several sizes available, and customization to fit your needs is not problem. Check him out!
    SD51, pinenut, dsdigger and 1 others like this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gentleone444 View Post
    Where did you get the tactical fanny pack?

Bought it off amazon for 20 bucks
    gentleone444 likes this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Very cool setup. I'm a beach hunter so any finds I put in my cargo shorts pocket.
    I'm also a beach hunter. But I dabble in dirt so I decided I needed to formalize a rig that would work for both sand and soil.

us
    May 2017
    Southwest Oregon
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    I have the Park Ranger custom made pouch from a fellow TNet member, Freeloader and it's fantastic. Check out the thread titled, "Custom Pouches for Sale" in the "Treasure Related Stuff for Sale Forum.
    You just had to go and post about some really cool gear, didn't you?

Now I have to get one.

My wife is gonna kill me......
    SD51, SpencerK and dsdigger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ↑ Tesoro of the Day

Mar 2016
    over the hill !
    Various Tesoro
    995 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just bought two of "freeloader's" bags, Park Ranger and Pack Mule. Hope to have 'em soon. The bags will be nice for hikes into the woods when I want to take the water bottle, small camera, snake bite kit & misc. supplies. I may ask Matt "freeloader" to do a matching sheath for my Lesche Sampson shovel next.

Presently using a Lowe's cloth nail apron, along with a Buzz Wilson "Bomb #2" sheath for my Lesche hand digger & pinpointer. It's a lightweight setup, but I can't take everything..
    SD51, Phishfindr and dsdigger like this.
    move along - nothing to see here..

us
    Jan 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bilder View Post
    You just had to go and post about some really cool gear, didn't you?

Now I have to get one.

My wife is gonna kill me......
    My wife was so ticked. I just bought a minelab go find 60 and she thought that all I needed was a new detector... I needed to finally get a pinpointer, a long handled wilcox trowel, and a new rig for everything.

She wasn't happy at all lol.

But this bag really is worth every bit of 20 bucks. It extends to a 42" waistline, has like 5 pockets, molle straps (if I ever go detecting in a free state I am going to use this for open carry lol), 2 large pockets and 3 smaller ones all with zippers and the center one with a strap.

It even has a Velcro spot for me to put my American flag, and either my Gadston flag or my III% logo.

Love my new rig. I used it for an impromptu hunt today and it was perfect. Holds all of my tools and even has space for a water bottle and snacks LOL!
    pinenut likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I dig deep holes

May 2004
    Camano Island, WA
    CTX3030, Many more on a rotating basis. Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
    1118 times
    I bought a Park Ranger, then I liked it so much I just got a Pack Mule.

The Mule is big enough to throw in a small towel for dirt when digging plugs, plus I can put a water bottle on the rear pouch.

Also a place for my keys and phone, Lesche in one pocket, brass coin probe in the other, and the Carrot in the slot up front.

Park Ranger is perfect for a quick hunt when I am not putting in a big day.

They look like they were made for metal detectorists, oh wait, they are.

Heck, I put them on my signature!
    dsdigger and SD51 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
    788 times
    I have one of Freeloader's Park Ranger bags that I had customized a bit and love it! It is worth every penny and plan on adding another and waiting to see if he comes up with a bag for beach/water hunting, I'll get one of those too! Beerguy, good idea about adding to signature! As important as the detector, pinpointer and digger. As for Pinpointer I use a Kellyco Vulcan 360 and a Lesche Digger. I have backups for each.
    pinenut, beerguy, SD51 and 1 others like this.

us
    JP

Jan 2013
    Bradford, NH
    AT PRO
    192 times
    Here is my setup—using the Garrett pouch with tools added plus a small coin purse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links