Deep Search MD Club's 26th Annual Open Hunt (Long Branch, NJ)

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My Metal Detecting Club's going to be hosting our 26th annual open hunt on the beach at Seven President's Park in Long Branch, NJ on Saturday, October 7. Rain or shine.

4 hunt sessions plus lunch and raffles. We're changing things up from previous years to make things more interesting (and unpredictable). MANY old coins and plenty of surprises.

2017 SAVE THE DATE.jpg
2017 OPEN HUNT PAGE 2.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$100.00 is a lot of cash for a couple of hours of hunting. I think I'll just get $100.00 worth of gasoline and hunt my own beaches. Best of luck to the Club! :occasion14:

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$100.00 is a lot of cash for a couple of hours of hunting. I think I'll just get $100.00 worth of gasoline and hunt my own beaches. Best of luck to the Club! :occasion14:
Have to agree
Plus it the Jersey shore tons of needles and medical trash on beach

OP
OP
DaytonaRacer

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Have to agree
Plus it the Jersey shore tons of needles and medical trash on beach

I'm assuming that was sarcastic.

The beaches at Seven Presidents Park are well maintained and nothing sketchy has ever been found there in any of our previous hunts.

As for the $100 (early bird) entry, that is pretty standard for open hunts. Most clubs like ours ensure that there is enough in seeded items, raffle prizes, etc., to make it worth while for everyone. That doesn't mean everyone will walk away with over $100 worth of items but I've seen some folks do quite well. And if we reach our target number of participants we're putting a brand new $2K Deus up for grabs this year, too.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Won't be able to make it. Going to aim for next year. Sounds like a grand time.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm assuming that was sarcastic.

The beaches at Seven Presidents Park are well maintained and nothing sketchy has ever been found there in any of our previous hunts.

As for the $100 (early bird) entry, that is pretty standard for open hunts. Most clubs like ours ensure that there is enough in seeded items, raffle prizes, etc., to make it worth while for everyone. That doesn't mean everyone will walk away with over $100 worth of items but I've seen some folks do quite well. And if we reach our target number of participants we're putting a brand new $2K Deus up for grabs this year, too.

No I been to the beachs in the area a few time and seen the trash on the beach
needles
condoms
medical waste

Also why would anyone sign off there rights if injured in a county park, after paying to be there.
guessing club and county know the danger, the club and county are insured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread