Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Broke my AT Pro today

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Can you dig it.

Dec 2016
    NH
    Garett AT Pro & ProPointer AT
    411 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Broke my AT Pro today

Dropped in on an old carriage road while heading to a cellar. The control box snapped off the pole. I was able to rig it to stay for the afternoon and managed a button amd a buckle but im still bummed. On top of that the headphones broke shortly after. When they are plugged in there is no audio. The detector doesnt even recognize them and emits the audio from the waterproof speaker.

Rant over

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    997 times
    Sounds like the universe wants you to get a shiny new toy, embrace it !

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    661 times
    If the machine is not recognizing that the headphones are plugged in, they probably aren't. Pull it apart and see if the pin is bent over or if it is really connecting.

Call Garrett on the broken control box. If less than two years old, they'll take care of it and if it is over two years old, they'll take care of it.
    Garrett is an Excellent company.
    4x4x4 likes this.

us
    Can you dig it.

Dec 2016
    NH
    Garett AT Pro & ProPointer AT
    411 times
    A new one isnt in the budget and i triple checked the connector already. I didnt have time to look everything over after the hunt becuase i had work but ill check it tomorrow. My dad might have the receipt otherwise garrett wont honor the warranty amd im not really wanting to pay shipping plus repairs yet. Ove seen people attatch the control box with conduit screw downs so i might try thatm thats only a couplr bucks and the headphonrs ill have to investigate further.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    AT PRO Fisher F75 LTD
    3690 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've snapped my control box off 3 times in 3 years. Very weak spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    997 times
    Bummer about that, Garrett might still fix for free since it seems to be a common problem. Have you called and pushed the issue?

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SultansOfSwing View Post
    A new one isnt in the budget and i triple checked the connector already. I didnt have time to look everything over after the hunt becuase i had work but ill check it tomorrow. My dad might have the receipt otherwise garrett wont honor the warranty amd im not really wanting to pay shipping plus repairs yet. Ove seen people attatch the control box with conduit screw downs so i might try thatm thats only a couplr bucks and the headphonrs ill have to investigate further.
    Like someone said, you might be surprised by what Garrett will do regardless of age and warranty. They've sent me replacement parts on a 250 that was several years old...free. Didn't even pay shipping. I'd call them and in the nicest way possible, ask if they can help. If you don't get the answer you were hoping for, call back later and talk to someone else. Garrett really is a good company.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    AT PRO Fisher F75 LTD
    3690 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    Bummer about that, Garrett might still fix for free since it seems to be a common problem. Have you called and pushed the issue?
    They fixed mine for free every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charter Member
    us
    Retired

Aug 2012
    Great Falls
    Radiodetection RD1000 Minelab CTX 17 DD 6 & 10X5 DD Coiltek. GPZ 14 & 19 Coil JW Fisher Pulse 8X 5 & 16 coils
    3883 times
    That sux, sorry to hear. If you do not have the funds to replace or get fixed then maybe a hot glue gun and belt clip or a hip pack. Know it sounds really dumb but at least you could still be out hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    at pro
    1798 times
    PM me...Ddf
    CoinFetcher likes this.

us
    Jul 2014
    Tucson, Arizona
    Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro
    476 times
    Metal Detecting
    Just my 2 cents, but last time I called Garret about sevice on an AT Pro they were specific about making sure the warranty was still good on it.

us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    this ain't nothin new , my original AT3 broke the same way , after a couple breaks i just used it as a hipmount . huh , over thirty years old and has found many , many keepers and i still love it...

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Minelabs/Garretts
    886 times
    I have a AT Pro, when the search coil cover broke, I did call Garrett, I was told it (the machine) was out of warranty, and I would have to buy another cover. I did, for I do believe in using them, but the cover IS difficult to remove and clean, seems very fragile. I have never had the problem with the control box, but I do remember there was a thread on this forum, about a simple fix for that, to make it far more sturdy, I just cannot remember by who or when.

us
    Apr 2013
    Eastern Massachusetts
    AT Pro
    1133 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sorry to hear about your troubles with your AT Pro. I broke my arm cuff on mine recently...didn't realize how much I needed the arm cuff until I tried swinging without it. The Garrett Service department was great, and sent me the replacement part immediately at no charge. Hope you're back up and running soon!

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Tesoro : Lobo Super Traq - Tejon - Tigershark - Bandido Umax - Bandido 2 - Minelab Excallibur - Fisher Goldbug Pro Teknetics Omega 8000
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cylbill View Post
    this ain't nothin new , my original AT3 broke the same way , after a couple breaks i just used it as a hipmount . huh , over thirty years old and has found many , many keepers and i still love it...

I just bought a AT3 beachhunter for 50 euro. I didn't used it yet but can you please tell me how it compares against other modern water detectors ?
    Oddjob likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links