2017, A Year In Reflection:

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, sure good to see your back in the game. I'm still fighting the effects of the heart attack I had in 2014. I really miss my trips to hunt lake michigan every year. Your right about seeking out those places used before this change to stainless and tungston. Seen that change here at all the local beaches. As long as I'm still above ground, there's hope to get back out some day. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, sure good to see your back in the game. I'm still fighting the effects of the heart attack I had in 2014. I really miss my trips to hunt lake michigan every year. Your right about seeking out those places used before this change to stainless and tungston. Seen that change here at all the local beaches. As long as I'm still above ground, there's hope to get back out some day. Best of luck to you.

I can't explain it, guess I've been lucky the way things have worked out for me after my prior unexpected death...:dontknow: I still have bad moments that they can't figure out, sudden moments of weakness in my legs, shoulders, and arms that just come over me, usually last for thirty-minutes to an hour. Direct sunlight can drain me quickly now as well so I have to always keep tabs on that. Hunger, seems I'm hungry all the time now but still losing weight despite all the additional food I'm consuming, though my diet isn't nearly the free-for-all that it use to be. But i think the biggest thing in my personal progress was my change in attitude, that post traumatic syndrome and all of those sudden pains and palpitations causing me to live in fear until I finally just decided that there was only two ways I was going to die, doing what I loved or sitting at home and watching TV. At about this same time my best friend gifted me a camera, his thinking being that it would get me back outside under my own speed and that it would also offer me some distraction - and that's exactly what happened. So, for me anyway, I think a lot of good things came around that caused me to start pushing myself. But even with all of that the doctors are still a bit miffed by my apparent comeback. So I wish you the best, man, just wish there was more that I could offer you. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread