Titan 3000xd...its heeeeere! ooh boy...

O

oxfordbrent

Re: Titan 3000xd...it's heeeeere! ooh boy...

It just takes practice ;)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know if I'd say it gets easier, but once you start finding stuff, it does get to be a lot more fun! Good luck with the Titan!!

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5

Don't try to do it all at once, use the pre-set ground balance, gather up a hand full of sample targets, a pen and paper. On some clean ground lay out the samples and check each one for the ID number , make little cheat sheet on your paper, also listen to the different tones as you do this. ( yes the manual has a number guide , but it's wide ranged , nickel 30 to 38 I think you'll find you machine will repeat at 33 ish)
Make a game of it for a few minutes , someone could put something on the ground cover it with a newspaper , swing the coil and using tone see if you can put it in the proper group, then use the number and see if you can ID it. Lastly tape a coin on the back of a cardbound sheet with the center marked from the top, move your coil and practice finding the coin,
You'll have these move's down fast with Titan and be ready to go.
PS. from earlier post, Did you get the hand held unit included?

OP
OP
melnatcat

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sherpa t, once again, thanks for the advice. You make a good teacher! :D

No hand held unit (he wouldn't make it part of the deal). I still need to get decent digging tools also. The gator came with, but if I would've paid $40 for it, I would've been really disappointed. Not one store around here carries any digging tools (I need to check garden depts) or hand held pinpointer. Apparently metal detecting is not a popular hobby in this area. I went to Gander Mountain just to 'touch' a metal detector, and the shipping label on the box of a bh said it was delivered in 2003. Price was no different than anywhere else. I will have to turn to the internet. Any suggestions? I see where Lesche is good. E-bay might offer something also. Will have to check.

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5

Looking at the Gator, the center brakeline is not deep enough, there fore it bends under load. Have a Fab shop here so I'm gonna cut a couple out on the laser ( stainless and a couple out of a heat treatable steel.) I'll make them a bit wider and form the center v a bit deeper. If they seem better , I'll send you one to see if you can bust it.

Harry Malosh

Feb 4, 2005
Ohio, Medina County

I think you're going to love it.? Got mine in Feb and have'nt got many hours on it with the cold but I'm beginning to learn it's abilities.? Practice using the built in pinpointer it can be dead on.? Somebody said "read the book then hunt, then read the book, then hunt, then read the book then hunt....."? The machine can be powered on and used or you can modify most settings.? Enjoy.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread