fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across a FB forsale ad last night with a guy selling a whites DFX spectrum for 350.00. Im kinda thinking this is an older machine but the price is nice. But im also reading alot about the fisher F75 which ive found several for not much more. Im thinking the F75 is a little more currant but both were/are top models for their brands. Looking to upgrade my F4 but keep as a spare. Any thoughts or concerns with those two machines? Thanks in advance. ~Fuzzy

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first machine was a Garrett Treasure Ace 300, not the new Ace models but the one produced in the 90s I believe. I couldn't pinpoint with that thing so i got a couple of used metered bounty hunters and really started enjoying the hobby with those machines. I too had a whites prism 3. It was a good machine but lacked the needed bells and whistles. I quickly moved to the f70 after that, then the dfx as I found a sweet deal on one. Then the etrac, and I have found more silver with it than any other.

I found silver with the dfx, the most with any machine until I got the etrac. The lower frequency was the key as higher conductive targets like silver respond better to lower frequencies. If silver is your thing, keep this in mind when you go shopping again and look for a detector than can operate at lower frequencies. If it is multi, all the better as it will be more versatile. Not saying the high frequency machines won't find silver, the f70 I think operates at 15 khz and I found silver with it. The lower frequencies though tend to find it a little easier.

Good post, the F70 runs at 13 khz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread