Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Romania metal detecting question.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    4979 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If they don't detect, your family in Romania may not know the law or it's application, any more than we do here. A private talk with those that regularly detect in Romania would be the way I would go to find out.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26388 times
    End it now!
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ÁMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3212 times
    Peace to all and to all a good nite.

Here is my last post on this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7A33B21-5556-4A51-9617-BEB7F7DCC0C5.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	1533568
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Jan 2015
    72 times
    Whenever I ask permission for anything (detecting, deer hunting etc) I keep this saying in mind:

"Never let anyone tell you NO if they don't have the authority to say YES".

Don't just scroll past that one, give it some thought.
    Tom_in_CA and JustKeepDigging like this.

th
    Nov 2010
    Thailand/Europe/California
    Excalibur 2 1000
    233 times
    Waterscoop, Lovely Cat!

ro
    War Relicvs

Jun 2016
    Carpathian Mountain
    Garret Ace 150 with Karma 33x33 cm Coil and Clever SmartPhone Detector (I will try)
    54 times
    Metal Detecting
    When you go to the police with you're romanian relative or friend tell me if he the turkey make bad at him.
    Cop saying bad thing and asking to much things and let you to wait long time.
    I am from northern part of this country if anyone have something underground and keep mouths shut i will help with great pleasure to find the lost/ancient treasure or family gold. Who need a little help i will help with great pleasure ;so send a PM and i will try to help him ;with some words i do not go poor.
    But if you want to detecting in this country first thing will be to go with someone local and with many acquaintance.
    So good luck and cătușe stail chained style (Gangnam Style)
    Last edited by Garret Digger; Jan 14, 2018 at 05:02 PM.
    Keep search for
    Life is bad joke don't take in serious!
    The cat have much time and patience!
    So be like one!Not fizical,only mental!

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16294 times
    Relic Hunting
    Ah at last a member detecting in the said lands. As they say proof in the pudding.

Eagle Head Sabre Handle
    Benjamin52 likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8585 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    .... As they say proof in the pudding....
    When in Rome, do as the Romans.

de
    Apr 2011
    Germany
    XP DEUS :-: Minelab CTX 3030
    627 times
    Hello Everyone, thanks to pepperj for redirecting me to this thread.
    I hope I can answer some questions on metal detecting in Romania.

I am a German citizen.
    I study medicine in Romania since October of 2017.
    I have an authorization to metal detect here. (just got it 2 weeks ago)

So how did I get it and what are the rules?

I joined a facebook group and looked at some web pages and finally collected all the necessary info on the topic.
    As a foreigner it is possible to get an authorization if you have a residency number called CNP number. It is like a social security number here. If you are a Romanian citizen it's not a problem anyways, but for foreigners we need to show we are at least legal residents here. (Students, for work, family visa, etc..)

When you get your CNP number for one of the above reasons, you have to do the following.
    1. Go to the main police station in your city and speak to the Cultural heritage officer (Patrimony officer), he is in charge of issuing the authorizations. Explain the situation. He will tell you exactly what paperwork you need but usually it will go as follows:
    2. Bring your detector to Romania AFTER you spoke to the patrimony officer. Be sure to have an invoice of when you bought the detector if you bought it in Romania.
    3. If you bought your detector abroad (like me) or second hand, go to a notary and make a legal statement that you bought your detector abroad and that you are tho owner of a model XYZ detector with serial number 1234456...etc
    4. Go to the police treasury and pay a fee of like 2USD.
    5. Make a copy of your ID
    6. Within 30 days of bringing the machine into the country or buying it in Romania, bring all that stuff with your detector back to the police officer and you will sign a declaration in front of him. he will check the serial number of your detector and then issue an authorization some days later.

Do's and Don'ts
    It is important to know a detector is like a gun here. Every new machine you buy needs a new authorization. So the authorization is for the machine, not the person alone.

-Once you have an authorization, you are allowed to search anywhere in Romania, BUT not on known archeological areas or anywhere within a radius of about 500meters to 1km around that area, depending on the site.

-You can search anywhere on state-owned land like forests, meadows, etc.

-If you want to search on a private property you need the land owner's permission, after that you are good.

-Anything older than 100 years must be inspected by a museum and you will most likely have to give it up but you will be reimbursed a 40% cash reward on the appraised amount of the value of whatever you hand over to a museum.

- I strongly recommend hunting with others and carrying your authorization along if you do not speak the language fluently (I don't so I carry a copy)

-I would not bring my detector before someone in your family spoke to the local patrimony officer. When they say okay, bring it, you can tell the customs that you already contacted the police and they said it is okay to bring your detector because you will immediately apply for the permit.

To the OP: I would be happy to help/join you detect on your family's land (You can keep the finds)

If anyone is in Romania and wants to hunt together, I would be super happy to join them or let them join me.
    Just pop a message for any further doubts!
    Last edited by Benjamin52; Jan 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling and added details

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16294 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin52 View Post
    Hello Everyone, thanks to pepperj for redirecting me to this thread.
    I hope I can answer some questions on metal detecting in Romania.

I am a German citizen.
    I study medicine in Romania since October of 2017.
    I have an authorization to metal detect here. (just got it 2 weeks ago)

So how did I get it and what are the rules?

I joined a facebook group and looked at some web pages and finally collected all the necessary info on the topic.
    As a foreigner it is possible to get an authorization if you have a residency number called CNP number. It is like a social security number here. If you are a Romanian citizen it's not a problem anyways, but for foreigners we need to show we are at least legal residents here. (Students, for work, family visa, etc..)

When you get your CNP number for one of the above reasons, you have to do the following.
    1. Go to the main police station in your city and speak to the Cultural heritage officer (Patrimony officer), he is in charge of issuing the authorizations. Explain the situation. He will tell you exactly what paperwork you need but usually it will go as follows:
    2. Bring your detector to Romania AFTER you spoke to the patrimony officer. Be sure to have an invoice of when you bought the detector if you bought it in Romania.
    3. If you bought your detector abroad (like me) or second hand, go to a notary and make a legal statement that you bought your detector abroad and that you are tho owner of a model XYZ detector with serial number 1234456...etc
    4. Go to the police treasury and pay a fee of like 2USD.
    5. Make a copy of your ID
    6. Within 30 days of bringing the machine into the country or buying it in Romania, bring all that stuff with your detector back to the police officer and you will sign a declaration in front of him. he will check the serial number of your detector and then issue an authorization some days later.

Do's and Don'ts
    It is important to know a detector is like a gun here. Every new machine you buy needs a new authorization. So the authorization is for the machine, not the person alone.

-Once you have an authorization, you are allowed to search anywhere in Romania, BUT not on known archeological areas or anywhere within a radius of about 500meters to 1km around that area, depending on the site.

-You can search anywhere on state-owned land like forests, meadows, etc.

-If you want to search on a private property you need the land owner's permission, after that you are good.

-Anything older than 100 years must be inspected by a museum and you will most likely have to give it up but you will be reimbursed a 40% cash reward on the appraised amount of the value of whatever you hand over to a museum.

- I strongly recommend hunting with others and carrying your authorization along if you do not speak the language fluently (I don't so I carry a copy)

If anyone is in Romania and wants to hunt together, I would be super happy to join them or let them join me.
    Just pop a message for any further doubts!
    Thank You very much in shedding light on this often dark topic.
    Benjamin52 likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8585 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... To the OP: I would be happy to help/join you detect on your family's land (You can keep the finds) ... !
    Benjamin52, thanx for chiming in. Re.: the above quote : SAY IT ISN'T SO ! No "hands cut off" ? No "dungeons" ? No officials in trench coats on every corner watching for md'rs ?? I just don't believe it ! After all, it's not the UK or the USA ?

But ... seriously now .... thanx for chiming in .

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden ÁMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Benjamin52, thanx for chiming in. Re.: the above quote : SAY IT ISN'T SO ! No "hands cut off" ? No "dungeons" ? No officials in trench coats on every corner watching for md'rs ?? I just don't believe it ! After all, it's not the UK or the USA ?

Coming out of thread retirement to make a smart ass comment to this ridiculous reply..

It’s just like in Salinas, California... no worries

No Hands cut off just your bank accounts amputated after you pay your fines
    No dungeons, just modern jails with 3 square meals
    No men in trench coats just modern police officers asking to see your paperwork.

Just like good Ole’ USA.... So I guess you are right Tom. ...My bad.

Name:	F6CB339B-55FF-45BF-BC56-156C95EDCDFF.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	1538790

de
    Apr 2011
    Germany
    XP DEUS :-: Minelab CTX 3030
    627 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post

Well from what I can tell it seems to be pretty chill if you have the authorization, but communism did leave some traces and I don't even want to find out what happens if you detect illegally and get caught. I am sure some corrupt policemen would accept bribes and I know they have a big problem with black markets for antiques so....
    I am simply not here long enough to know the whole story I can just report on what my experience is so far and with the authorization I was warmly accepted into a local detecting group and they said officials are pretty nice if you play by the rules. (but as I said, I don't even want to get in any sorts of trouble or find out what COULD happen)
    WaterScoop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    3212 times
    Well from what I can tell it seems to be pretty chill if you have the authorization, but communism did leave some traces and I don't even want to find out what happens if you detect illegally and get caught. I am sure some corrupt policemen would accept bribes and I know they have a big problem with black markets for antiques so....
    I am simply not here long enough to know the whole story I can just report on what my experience is so far and with the authorization I was warmly accepted into a local detecting group and they said officials are pretty nice if you play by the rules. (but as I said, I don't even want to get in any sorts of trouble or find out what COULD happen)
    Good luck Benjamin52 I hope you find a hoard/cache of Dacian or Roman Gold & Silver coins worth Millions and they have no choice other then to pay you 40% of their value.

Also good luck with your Medical Studies and thank you for making a difference in this world by choosing to help people.

Name:	EF1224AF-3230-4AF8-B89B-CD2B1228F9AB.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	1538799
    Benjamin52 likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    8585 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post

It’s just like in Salinas, California... no worries

No Hands cut off just your bank accounts amputated after you pay your fines
    No dungeons, just modern jails with 3 square meals
    No men in trench coats just modern police officers asking to see your paperwork. ....
    Uh, what am I missing here ? Sure, no hands cut off, no dungeons, and no men in trench coats. If understood your post correctly, it is instead: "Just fines assessed, nice prisons with meals, and polite police officers". Right ?

BUT WAIT !! the post I was replying to was about ALL PERFECTLY LEGAL NON-PUNISHABLE metal detecting ?? So what the heck are we talking about ??

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links