Gold Bug 2 and glue residues?

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just recently decided to buy myself a Gold Bug 2 and I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience with that model in particular or Fisher in general... For such an expensive purchase I am really not sure how to feel right now.

On the first unit I got everything seemed alright until I had it out in the sun and noticed this weird white glue residue next to the speaker cover. I wasn't sure what to think about that so I contacted Fisher to see if that is normal and was told: "The residue from the glue being applied should not look like this. We will be replacing this unit for you."

Here is what that looked like:

5a774dbf2f3da2d5da7f9fc1a44fbe16.jpg

I thought that would be the end of this but when the replacement unit arrived I was surprised to find a larger amount of glue residue just in a new location. The speaker cover is fine this time...the residue is on three sides of the battery compartments on the new unit. Apparently they did not take 10 seconds to check the new unit before shipping it out to me...

5216d748709348bbbc5292a0f0fda56b.jpg

Now, I realize this is mostly a cosmetic issue but on something that is so expensive and that I was told by the manufacturer "should not look like this" I am struggling to keep faith in their quality control.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is glue residue on the Gold Bug 2's housing a common thing?

Upvote 0

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does the unit work as advertised ? if it does put a control box cover on it and.......forget about it ...

OP
OP
W

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't gotten to test it out yet. This replacement unit wasnt delivered until late yesterday afternoon and I am supposed to drive out to AZ this evening.

Maybe it is just me but something the manufacturer told me "should not look like this" on a +$700 purchase just doesnt sit well. Especially not the second time around.

What I am looking to find out is if this is actually a common thing or if I just have really crappy luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread