Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Upgrade to the AT Pro, new White’s MX-7, or just keep the Coinmaster GT?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

    Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden µMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    1,398
    2100 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    he stated he was not interested in water hunting capabilities
    Sorry missed that. But I still think you can get a steal on a used ATPRO now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06AE918B-71F3-4241-82AD-6BC9A93FFB66.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	1542069
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

  2. #17

    May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1,225
    1555 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I own an M6...it's a coin hog but, drizzly rainy days it sucks to hunt with a bread wrapper on your machine. Also, you never know, you might want to wade around in a swimmin' hole and snag a few rings. Get one that is water proof...you won't regret it.

  3. #18
    us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    33
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    I own an M6...it's a coin hog but, drizzly rainy days it sucks to hunt with a bread wrapper on your machine. Also, you never know, you might want to wade around in a swimmin' hole and snag a few rings. Get one that is water proof...you won't regret it.
    No swimming holes where I’m at in Long Island. Just the ocean and LI sound.... the environment here I just don’t think is very conducive for underwater hunting...
    T.C. likes this.

  4. #19
    us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    33
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScoop View Post
    Sorry missed that. But I still think you can get a steal on a used ATPRO now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06AE918B-71F3-4241-82AD-6BC9A93FFB66.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	1542069
    I know but I want to make sure it’s gonna meet my needs, right now I’m not convinced.

  5. #20
    us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    33
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    I haven't used the MX7 or know anyone who has. Might be great, but, I'd want to see it in action before I bought one. Unless you can find a great deal on a used Explorer or E-trac, I'd take a good look at the Xterra 705, the Fisher F19, and if you can squeeze a few more bucks, the F75. All capable and proven winners around your price range.
    I don’t think I’m quite ready to spring for an E-trac yet, but I really like what I’m seeing so far in the X-Terra 705, most people that I’ve seen so far having nothing but good things to say about it say that it gets great depth....maybe. I hope to get some more input for others here. But thank you.

  6. #21
    Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

    Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden µMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    1,398
    2100 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by robmenn View Post
    I know but I want to make sure it’s gonna meet my needs, right now I’m not convinced.
    Join a local MD club make some friends and try some machines ask some questions hands on. There are plenty of metal detecting companies for a reason. There are many brands of cars on the roadwAy for a reason.

    It has to be best fit for you and your style of detecting. You canhave 100 people tell you that metal detector brand and model is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you buy it and it turns out to be a dog.

    Good luck, metal detectors are like puppies once you find one that “likes you” ... you will adopt it.. and form an amazing relationship

    Cheers

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9F1C7BF-DC89-4DD6-93D2-EB2D3487A977.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	1542096
    T.C. likes this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

  7. #22
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Pocatello, Idaho
    White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Bounty Hunter QD2
    279
    552 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by robmenn View Post
    No I haven’t. I’ll look into it though. What kind of depth have you had with it? That’s a low price. I think I paid 350 for my CMGT.
    Sorry, I haven't run it myself. I plan on buying in the near future, though, and nearly everything thing I've read or seen regarding the F70 platform has been positive. It's a beast. Just throwing a suggestion out there.

  8. #23
    Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

    Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F70, F75 SE, & XP Deus.
    10,735
    15135 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I have an ad up in the classified section for a gently used F70 if you are interested. The last time I took it out was in December, I hunted in the woods and pulled 3 silvers.
    HighVDI likes this.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

  9. #24
    us
    Rook

    Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    AT Pro, Fisher F75 Limited, White M6, Lesche hand digger,Lesche Predator shovel.NEL Storm and Tornado coils.
    1,171
    421 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I know it depends a lot on soil mineralization and ground balancing your machine (and I like to manually ground balance) but I use my F75 LTD in Jewelry mode with the NEL Tornado 12" coil for coins and jewelry. You may have to lower the sensitivity just a little but it's a killer on deep coins. If that mode isn't working for you, on the F75 LTD we have a mode called DP. It's also a killer mode when swinging a little slower.Just a side note. I personally would not buy a machine that self balances. Good luck.

  10. #25
    us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    52
    97 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi robmenn,

    The MX7 is the MX Sport without the water proofing. The MX7 is a bit lighter in weight, and comes with a concentric coil. I do not own the MX7 so I can not tell you much about that machine, other than what I have read. Search "Monte + Whites MX7" and you will find multiple posts (that go into a lot of detail about the MX7) from someone with a lot of experience with the MX7.

    I don't own the Coinmaster either. My understanding is that it is not as deep as the MX Sport - which would make sense due to the machines being in different categories.

    I do own the MX Sport (and several other machines) and can tell you that the Sport is deep and sensitive. My guess would be that the MX 7 is equally as deep (of a machine) as the MX Sport is.

    You might want to think about visiting your local dealer - swing different machines and get an idea of what fits you and what does not.

    In the Whites lineup I'd take a look at the Treasure Pro, the MX7, the M6, and the MX5. The latter would be a used machine, but it is a doozy. There's also the MXT All Pro. All of those machines should be deeper than the Coinmaster. I haven't used the M6, but it is supposedly a wicked coin hunter. The MX5 and the MX7 are weather resistant machines - you can't dunk them in water, but they should be just fine in rain.

    I do own the MX5 - it is light weight, quick, and deep. It's also a threshold machine - it spits and farts a bit. You can quiet it down, but you'll lose some depth. Some don't like the headphone connection and some don't like the fact that you can't lock the ground tracking. I don't have a problem with either; the MX5 is an amazing machine in my opinion.

    Other machines you might want to take a look at:

    Teknetics Patriot - a Fisher F70 with a different paint job. Supposed to be very deep and very fast. I don't own one (but would like to).
    Fisher F75 - you can get one (new) for $500. It is a deep machine, very fast, and has a ton of great finds to back the claims about its abilities.

    Tesoro Vaquero - a very deep, beep and dig machine. I've never owned/used the Vaquero, but tons of people use them and swear by them. I do own the Compadre, and based on it I am a believer when it comes to the claims made about the Vaquero.

    Quest Q40 - almost unknown in the US. It has a growing fan base in Europe and some of the finds are incredible. User's are reporting very good depth and excellent separation. I have not used one, but this machine really intrigues me.

    Whatever machine you end up choosing - have fun and happy hunting.
    robmenn and dsdigger like this.

  11. #26
    us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    33
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Upgrade to the AT Pro, new White’s MX-7, or just keep the Coinmaster GT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahts-a-dats-ago View Post
    Hi robmenn,

    The MX7 is the MX Sport without the water proofing. The MX7 is a bit lighter in weight, and comes with a concentric coil. I do not own the MX7 so I can not tell you much about that machine, other than what I have read. Search "Monte + Whites MX7" and you will find multiple posts (that go into a lot of detail about the MX7) from someone with a lot of experience with the MX7.

    I don't own the Coinmaster either. My understanding is that it is not as deep as the MX Sport - which would make sense due to the machines being in different categories.

    I do own the MX Sport (and several other machines) and can tell you that the Sport is deep and sensitive. My guess would be that the MX 7 is equally as deep (of a machine) as the MX Sport is.

    You might want to think about visiting your local dealer - swing different machines and get an idea of what fits you and what does not.

    In the Whites lineup I'd take a look at the Treasure Pro, the MX7, the M6, and the MX5. The latter would be a used machine, but it is a doozy. There's also the MXT All Pro. All of those machines should be deeper than the Coinmaster. I haven't used the M6, but it is supposedly a wicked coin hunter. The MX5 and the MX7 are weather resistant machines - you can't dunk them in water, but they should be just fine in rain.

    I do own the MX5 - it is light weight, quick, and deep. It's also a threshold machine - it spits and farts a bit. You can quiet it down, but you'll lose some depth. Some don't like the headphone connection and some don't like the fact that you can't lock the ground tracking. I don't have a problem with either; the MX5 is an amazing machine in my opinion.

    Other machines you might want to take a look at:

    Teknetics Patriot - a Fisher F70 with a different paint job. Supposed to be very deep and very fast. I don't own one (but would like to).
    Fisher F75 - you can get one (new) for $500. It is a deep machine, very fast, and has a ton of great finds to back the claims about its abilities.

    Tesoro Vaquero - a very deep, beep and dig machine. I've never owned/used the Vaquero, but tons of people use them and swear by them. I do own the Compadre, and based on it I am a believer when it comes to the claims made about the Vaquero.

    Quest Q40 - almost unknown in the US. It has a growing fan base in Europe and some of the finds are incredible. User's are reporting very good depth and excellent separation. I have not used one, but this machine really intrigues me.

    Whatever machine you end up choosing - have fun and happy hunting.
    Thank you for your very thorough opinion. You gave me a lot to chew on. That search for “Monte” was very useful too. He has two MX-7’s, I guess he likes it, must be nice.... This decision it not gonna be as as easy as I thought now with all these great opinions. This is a good problem to have though.
    Last edited by robmenn; Jan 28, 2018 at 11:38 PM.

  12. #27
    us
    Nov 2014
    Long Island, NY
    White’s Coinmaster GT
    33
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Upgrade to the AT Pro, new White’s MX-7, or just keep the Coinmaster GT?

    The Teknetics Patriot, the Fisher F70 which has been said to = the Patriot, and the Fisher F75 have been mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on differences? Is it just personal preference? Again thanks to all for your help!
    HighVDI likes this.

  13. #28
    us
    Dec 2017
    Wv
    Garrett At Max, Garrett pro pointer at
    16
    25 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have the at max and love it the wireless headphones alone make it worth the extra from the pro not to mention a backlight on the screen

  14. #29
    us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    52
    97 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by robmenn View Post
    The Teknetics Patriot, the Fisher F70 which has been said to = the Patriot, and the Fisher F75 have been mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on differences? Is it just personal preference? Again thanks to all for your help!
    I would ask that question in the Fisher forum. I have no doubt that you'll get a detailed answer there.

  15. #30
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, White's Eagle ll SL90, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 720i, TRX
    7,891
    4465 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Does Fisher still make the F70? I thought it was discontinued.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLD] FS/Whites Coinmaster Pro
    By jim42 in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2014, 05:05 PM
  2. Whites Coinmaster GT or Xterra 305, or what? Newbie/Rookie here trying to upgrade
    By wlherrerabonilla in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 26, 2013, 07:57 AM
  3. Whites Coinmaster
    By Libralabsoldier in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 11, 2009, 07:45 PM
  4. whats a good upgrade: Whites Coinmaster 5900 Di Pro
    By ArcadianDelSol in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 30, 2009, 11:23 AM
  5. White Coinmaster
    By strider in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 05, 2008, 12:20 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0