cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have a good source for a stereo (3 wire) coiled cable with a 1/4" jack for a set of Koss 30 headphones? The insulation on mine is falling apart and I can see bare wires in places. Otherwise, it works great. Seems everywhere I look, I only find the 3.5mm jack stuff. The headphone companies must have a source somewhere, or, maybe they make their own? I know, I can get the adaptors and convert it, but, I figure the fewer connections the better.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not going into the water you could spray them with Plas-ti-dip, found in hardware stores, home depot, lowes and some walmarts, it is a rubber spray on can using same product we use to dip our tools in to give them rubber handles. About $10 a can, I use to use it to cover my cable splices on my excals coils before I started soldering them to the mother boards.

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plastidip is a good idea.

Koss is still around, call them up and ask about parts availability.

If I'm buying audio components I usually get them from parts express, monoprice or ebay. At those prices I'd expect to replace it every couple years.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have a good source for a stereo (3 wire) coiled cable with a 1/4" jack for a set of Koss 30 headphones? The insulation on mine is falling apart and I can see bare wires in places. Otherwise, it works great. Seems everywhere I look, I only find the 3.5mm jack stuff. The headphone companies must have a source somewhere, or, maybe they make their own? I know, I can get the adaptors and convert it, but, I figure the fewer connections the better.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa/b/ref=b...e=2529576011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Hosa These guys never fail me, Cuda

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not going into the water you could spray them with Plas-ti-dip, found in hardware stores, home depot, lowes and some walmarts, it is a rubber spray on can using same product we use to dip our tools in to give them rubber handles. About $10 a can, I use to use it to cover my cable splices on my excals coils before I started soldering them to the mother boards.

If it were just the outer sheath, I would consider that, but, the inner insulation is bad and a few conductors are broken. If I can't find something better, I may convert to the 3.5mm which is what both the other links posted referred to. I just didn't think it would be all that hard to find considering the headphones with a 1/4" jack are still being made. I wanted to get the 90 degree version too. they seem to have less strain problems. Strange that I've never had this problem with any of my Excaliburs though....just the land machines. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread