First hunt with the T2.

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to my Civil war spot with the T2 for the first time this morning. It's gonna take some time to get use to it. I started to get the feel for it towards the end though and i dug 3 bullets in the last 30 min. Any advice on the best settings for relic hunting would be appreciated. The soil isnt too bad. Most of the bullets I've found there were 6"- 8". Pretty trashy though.

Upvote 0

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new machine!
A general relic setting is: sens: 60-80, disc: 0, tones: 2+
In trashy areas try sens: 60-80, disc: 21, # of tones: 2+
You can adjust these settings to your area.
Also pick up the little 5" DD coil it picks through trash really well, have to watch but you can find them for around $40 on ebay.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what about using tones: bp - "boost mode"? i noticed i do get more depth using it but the reaction time seemed to be slowed down just a little. I had to slow down my swing to adjust for it. other than that i used the settings you suggested. disc: 21 knocks out just enough of the nails and smaller trash to keep it from constantly sounding off. I used it for 8 hours yesterday and i am loving it.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear it's working out for you, yes that 21 works great to calm down the iron tone, as far as boost mode some people don't use it until they get a faint signal then turn it on to hear it better while others use it to get the extra depth.
Slow your swing down with boost on.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your T2.
It's takes time to get used to a new machine. You will get the hang of it with patience and determination.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've gotten better with it. I've also learned not to run it wide open all the time because it's so good you are overwhelmed with signals in certain areas. Especially in boost mode. 21 disc, 70-80 sensitivity, bp or 2+ is what I typically prefer. Now I'm working on learning the all metal mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread