First park hunt

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd recommend checking local park rules/regulations to ensure that you can detect in the parks. In addition, some parks restrict digging/retrieval tools to a probe or screwdriver as not to cause too much damage to the ground. You definitely don't want to use a shovel. Fill your holes. Carry out trash and dispose of it properly. Focus on high traffic areas of the park (near benches, on the sidelines of ball fields, small hills that people would sit on, tot-lots etc...) if you're looking to find coins and such. Other than that good luck and have fun!

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd recommend checking local park rules/regulations to ensure that you can detect in the parks. In addition, some parks restrict digging/retrieval tools to a probe or screwdriver as not to cause too much damage to the ground. You definitely don't want to use a shovel. Fill your holes. Carry out trash and dispose of it properly. Focus on high traffic areas of the park (near benches, on the sidelines of ball fields, small hills that people would sit on, tot-lots etc...) if you're looking to find coins and such. Other than that good luck and have fun!

I Agree on the above. If i go to a park in another city , the first thing i do is look for a sign with park rules. If it doesn't say No metal detecting or no digging, take a picture of it , and go for it. If confronted you can say you read the rules and show them.
Watch some videos on digging a clean plug.
Watch your back ! Sometimes not so nice people hang out in parks.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice cutting 3 sided, trapdoor plugs in your own yard first, before you do it anywhere else. As mentioned, check the local rules yourself. Don't take anyone else's opinion, and especially, don't ask anyone for permission. If there are prohibitions, they will be published in government documents.....either online or at the county courthouse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread