Lake Havasu Metal Detecting

RaleighGoldSeeker

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'day Ladies and Gents:

I will be in the Lake Havasu area this weekend for some metal detecting. I've done a fair bit of research which helps, but it would be great to hook up with some who might want to go out with me.

I did contact the http://www.havasugoldseekers.com/the-staff/.....but have not heard back from them.

Coming from the Tucson area, and would hate to waste a lot of time looking for areas.

Open to reciprocating should you ever find your way down here.

Also open to any info sharing other members may have regarding the area. The Red Hills area looks promising......

Will

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.......but have not heard back from them...

Why were you contacting them ? To make sure md'ing is ok to do ? Curious why you can't just look up the park/lake rules for yourself. I'm sure the rules for park / lake usage are somewhere on-line. Eg.: speed limits for boats, permits for fishing, dogs on leash, no fireworks, blah blah blah . Ok, if you see nothing that says "no md'ing", then presto: It's not disallowed.

If they contact you back, merely ask where the park rules exist, in print or link form, for the public to look at. Because if you are simply asking "Hi can I metal detect?", you could get some desk-jockey who envisions geeks with shovels, and gives the safe answer of "no". Or they apply "harvest and remove" language (after all, we "take" things) and say "no". So in the future: Look up rules for yourself. Lest you be the latest victim of "No one cared till you asked" psychology.

OP
OP
R

RaleighGoldSeeker

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom/CA....

"Why were you contacting them ? To make sure md'ing is ok to do ? Curious why you can't just look up the park/lake rules for yourself. I'm sure the rules for park / lake usage are somewhere on-line. Eg.: speed limits for boats, permits for fishing, dogs on leash, no fireworks, blah blah blah . Ok, if you see nothing that says "no md'ing", then presto: It's not disallowed.

If they contact you back, merely ask where the park rules exist, in print or link form, for the public to look at. Because if you are simply asking "Hi can I metal detect?", you could get some desk-jockey who envisions geeks with shovels, and gives the safe answer of "no". Or they apply "harvest and remove" language (after all, we "take" things) and say "no". So in the future: Look up rules for yourself. Lest you be the latest victim of "No one cared till you asked" psychology."

Had a bad day? Not found any gold lately? Your wife beat you?

Why the toxic post and the accusations without knowing the facts?

If you have anything else to say to me say it privately......or do you need a collective audience when attempting to bully others?

Last edited:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Raleigh, You look new to the forum (number of posts). Tom in Ca just doesn't want folks to give the leos an opportunity to say NO. If not in written rules, you should be OK. He's not bullying

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
wow he was just contacting a local cub for info about the area.

not the law.chill out!!!!!
brad

OP
OP
R

RaleighGoldSeeker

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Tommy I respectfully disagree....I'm 58......well educated and travelled and know when someone is out of line.......not going to allow myself to get into a back forth argument over this.

I welcome anyone who may be willing to share some info......as I have many times for others.....I know from a wealth of experience that Google often cannot provide the subtle info that may be required.........

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wow he was just contacting a local cub for info about the area.

not the law.....

Brad: Thanx for pointing that out. I did not see that link went to a club. I mis-read the O.P. and thought he was asking the Lake people. My apologies to Raleigh-Gold-Seeker.

Yes: Local md'rs might know the real skinny on their local back-yard md'ing spots. But I actually know of one club, in one part of CA, that if you were to ask them, they'd say a certain location near them is "off-limits". Yet, oddly ...... no such rule exists that says such a thing. And we hunt there with no problem (when passing through that part of CA).

And sure: Not every park's rules-of-use is necessarily on-line somewhere. So if someone is still skittish, they can ask : "Where is a list of park rules, available for the public ?". And they should be able to hand you a brochure, or point you to where it exists in PDF form or link or whatever. If it doesn't say "no md'ing", then not-disallowed.

Again: My apologies for mis-reading the link you'd alluded to in your O.P. here.

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Prospector
All you need to know and more: GLHH

https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+detecting+Lake+Havasu+Park&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS782US782&oq=metal+detecting+Lake+Havasu+Park&aqs=chrome..69i57.11951j1j8&{google:bookmarkBarPinned}sourceid=chrome&{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:omniboxStartMarginParameter}ie=UTF-8

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Passion for the hobby & Havasu Island...”

If you want to coin shoot or pick up some jewelry in Havasu MD-ing check for spots in the channel near the London Bridge on Havasu Island. There are places where a lot of celebrating boaters and their passengers make a lot of spillage getting in and out of tied up or beached boats around that island. Google map the area and you’ll see where I’m talking about. If you want to hunt relics you can put your detector away because you’ll mostly be looking for arrowheads and they are pretty much picked through but you never know.

“Cheers & good luck mate”

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread