Dont use the T2 with low batteries!

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the 1800s home site where I've been finding bronze coins,coppers, wheaties, and relics every time I hunt there. Today I knew my batteries were below half but didn't want to stop to go get new ones. Big mistake! I could tell the difference in depth and discrimination right away and it got worse and worse as they got lower. I dug lots of nails and crap. I won't ever make that mistake again! At 50% I'll replace them.

Upvote 0

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Always stop for batteries...I stopped once at a dollar store for a 9V for the pinpointer...kid running the register was giving out silver quarters, and didn't know it. I got as many dollars worth as he'd give me...didn't get them all, though. He got suspicious of why I wanted so many quarters. :laughing7: True story.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always stop for batteries...I stopped once at a dollar store for a 9V for the pinpointer...kid running the register was giving out silver quarters, and didn't know it. I got as many dollars worth as he'd give me...didn't get them all, though. He got suspicious of why I wanted so many quarters. :laughing7: True story.
I
Stopped at the dollar store on my way home. No silver but i bought 12 of the most expensive batteries they had. I won't be caught like that again I hunted 3 hours and all i had to show was a whole bag full of rusty nails! 4 pennies one wheatie, one bullet casing and misc iron. Sad!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't change mine until they've been at 7v for awhile. Never had any loss of depth. It takes atleast 6v to run. ALWAYS have spare batts in your vehicle, you just never know. Lesson learned!!!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I
Stopped at the dollar store on my way home. No silver but i bought 12 of the most expensive batteries they had. I won't be caught like that again I hunted 3 hours and all i had to show was a whole bag full of rusty nails! 4 pennies one wheatie, one bullet casing and misc iron. Sad!

I'm a Energizer guy, too many bad exp with Duracells..

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always worry about it, but always carry extra. I get free batterys from Harbor Freight when I buy stuff. We have a dollar store that batterys are a dollar. Price at Walmart went up so high Im glad I have rechargables.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was still getting decent depth but the target ID seperation and recovery weren't as good as usual. Usually I can pick coins or bullets out of iron infested areas fairly easily but today it was giving me false readings on almost everything. I was down to 2 bars at first then 1 bar when I finally gave up. I normally keep extras in my bag but not today. Technetics says the T2+ gets 40 hr battery life. It probably will run for 40 hrs, just not well. I'd say about 25-30hrs before the performance begins to drop off. Or maybe it's just me and I had a bad day.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're getting batteries at a discount store, check to see how old they are.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get a 60 pack of AA batteries every 2 years for Christmas and twelve 9v batteries. Always have a spare set. It's better to have them and not need them tan it is to need them and not have em. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread