3 houses. do i need permission?

hiyall

May 1, 2018
indiana, united states
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 150, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are 3 houses consumed by a lot of trees. they are run down and not able to be rebuilt. they are rotting until they fall down. i was thinking of walking through the woods and scouting the area before going in with my detector. i have been to one of the houses once a few years back and i wanted to check on google maps to see the surrounding area and plan on detecting there. i notice near this house i have been to once that off about 100-200 feet away is another building that i cannot make out on the maps and then one more bigger building about another 150 feet from the second house. the third building looks to be some king of garage. maybe for farming back in the old days. this town is a big farm area.

what do you think? how would i go about getting permission to detect here or is it fair game with it being consumed by nature

Upvote 0

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't own it, then you need permission. You can check with the tax office to see who owns the property.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely ask to see who owns it. It is trespassing if you even scout it out.... May be abandoned but then again better to be safe than sorry. I like to check out these wooded wonders so it could be very promising.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The world is full of people that don’t follow the rules, that does not make it right.

Permission is always the way to go.

Good luck to you sir.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private property = ALWAYS get permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread