Which after market coil for the T2 ??

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking at upgrading the stock coil on my T2+ but I just can't decide on which one to purchase. I do like the reviews on the Mars Tiger coil and have also looked at the Mars Discovery. I like the size and weight of the Tiger coil but i am afraid that afterwards i will regret not getting the larger coil. I mostly hunt for relics at old home sites, in the woods, and at parks. I would like some extra depth but good target separation is much more important to me. If anyone has used a Mars coil on their T2 i would love to hear what you think about it and whether the Tiger would be sufficient or if i should go with the Discovery. I am also wondering about the frequency range of the Mars coils. I have read that they are different from others such as the Detech.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large coils for depth and coverage in relatively clean areas. Small coil for junky areas when masking is a problem and you need better target separation.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be the tiger coil then.Thanks

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I went with a Larger coil for all my detectors except the AT Pro. I have trhe small coils also, they all work. Like posted above, depends on what your gonna do with it.

nigel

Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had several coils both large and small for my t2 ,tiger was by far the most impresive.
Few inches deeper on average with equal or better separation than std coil. I also found even smaller stuff where as 13" and 15" coils were noticably less sensitive to small stuff.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad to hear that. I received the Tiger coil this weekend and cant wait to take it out. I tested it out in the yard with some coins and rusty nails yesterday and i can already tell it has great recovery speed. It also seems to pinpoint really well. I was really concerned about losing sensitivity to smaller targets and recovery speed with a larger coil which is why i decided on the Mars coil. But i'm sure before it's over i will have several different coils. Next on the list will be a smaller 5" coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread