What is your BEST Pulltab Story?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a cloudy, humid, mid-summer day in White Plains, NY. I was detecting “Battle Hill,” or Chatterton’s Hill, as it was known in late October 1776. After raking out a 20’ x 20’ section near a 300-year-old Oak tree, I started detecting. As I was checking near the roots of the old Oak, I got a faint but repeatable signal. As I dug down, my Sampson shovel immediately hit a 7” in diameter root.

I spent the next 10-minutes attempting to dig under the root, running into rocks and smaller roots as I worked. After 15-minutes, I took a break, had a swallow of water, and pulled out my pinpointer. A beep! I was close. Four minutes later, sweating and cursing, I had my prize in hand - A pulltab from “The Battle of White Plains, 2017.” :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• brace.jpg
    brace.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 69

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in a bar in Houston and well you know the rest of the story

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t have a best pull tab story per se, but I sure do dig a lot of them! I posted this last year when I held a guessing contest for the number of tabs I had amongst my dug trash.

Here’s a couple of pics of my accumulated trash.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526284317.779671.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526284341.123583.jpg

And here are the pull tabs from it, all 1,347 of them.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526284376.762361.jpg

(Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands!)

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted this story before but it applies here;

Years ago I got a fishing buddy into detecting and told him to keep his eyes open for any good sites. He calls me and says he's gotten us written permission from a buddy whose the contractor on breaking the ground for a new subdivision and the site is on some old carnival grounds. We get there after work and are immediately finding old silver, Barber's and Mercs. Even pulled out a 14K gold ring along with the normal pulltabs.

Suddenly, a police car shows up and two officers start giving us the third degree about trespassing. My buddy shows them the written permission and they ease up and ask what we were finding. I pull out a dozen pulltabs from my pouch and say, " This is all I'm finding"! The officers looked at each other like we were crazy and they leave. My buddy asks why I didn't show them the Gold and Silver and I said, "If I did that, they would be back here tomorrow with their own detectors. Better to send them on their way".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread