Unexpected Things You Find Deep in the Woods

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy and I sometimes hike a good distance into woods when we think we have located the approximate area of an old homestead, or stage coach stop, from the local research we enjoy doing. On this particular day Angelika and I were on the trail of a 1749 cabin, used as a mail coach and rider stop through the Revolutionary War and beyond, into the early 1800s. We were able to park about four-miles from the area we needed to search, so we saddled up and started hiking in.

There were the usual hiking and animal trails through the woods, but certainly no sign of motor vehicles of any kind, or even trail bikes. The trees were older (200-years), and the rock walls we encountered, indicated we were headed in the right direction. We went down into a small gully about three-miles into the walk, and climbed up the other side. There before us was a freaking rusted out and shot up car!

I'm not sure how the driver got it in there, but I would love to know the story behind that drive! :laughing7:

As for the foundation we found that day, well, that's a whole other story. Maybe I'll get Angelika to tell it to you, it's a Good One!:headbang:

Attachments

• IMG-20130401-00341.jpg
    IMG-20130401-00341.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 198
  • imaghe.jpeg
    imaghe.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, all I saw out in the woods the last couple days were turkeys, ducks, porcupines and coyotes! And a HUGE Caterpillar tractor tire!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An old car like that would have been a really neat thing to come across. It looks like a 1955 Ford? Did you check under the front and back seats or glove compartment for coins? Sometimes a silver dime or a wheatie can be found under the seats.:)

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen all of these detecting videos where people are out detecting in the absolute middle of nowhere in the woods and come across cars and car parts and it makes you wonder how the heck those things got there!?! It's the weirdest thing especially seeing that some of these areas are so densely wooded. Aliens? A portal? Who knows! Pretty cool find though. Would be fascinating to know the story behind it.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
it did run in to a 30 foot ufo.dam cool.it turns out in was used for a movie.i went back and it was gone.
brad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trees were not as big when that was driven in there for safe hiding, possibly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread