Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know what settings those that have the ace250 use..as I am so frustrated at this point that I dont know if the detector itself is not functioning properly or if its me... I am ready to buy a new different brand at this point...I am find barely nothing..

rae

Upvote 0

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
bootybay said:
Murph.. the ace250 is history...I have a new whites M6 comming from tony on here... so am thrilled its due in any day now...

I hope that m6 is stable in the wet. If so let me know. My sov gt is rock solid in the wet and a huge relief from the ace. The absence of all the flasing alone makes the hunts way more enjoyable even when finds are sparse.

The m6 will have a lcd however and some dont like to do without visual target id. IMO more important is stability in the wet and from my experience this is where the good stuff tends to be.

Not to be a downer and I hope the m6 works out for you but I would have gone with the sov or if a LCD is must one of the other muti frequency minelabs to be one hundred percent sure of stability in the wet.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
Ok to help you the best dont call Mail Order Warehouse where you get a kid that knows nothing about Metal Detecting. I have been around the business for 25 years and the best thing to do is go to a local Dealer. When you buy a machine off the internet the just want a quick sale they dont care what you buy as long as you buy. A local dealer will try to get you the best machine to fit your needs and your pocketbook. We want you to come back over and over not screw you around and frustrate you. Yes the M6 would be great on the beach. Sorry you had to go through what so many have went through and learned the hard way. I would have never mentioned the Ace for the saltwater beaches it goes crazy! You need a manual or automatic ground balance on a beach machine.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
the ace250 is a great machine. not sure how it behaves in mineralized soil though since we dont have that problem in south Fl. your ace250 should have come with a dvd. if you havent already, watch it! you'll learn alot from the dvd.

read the manual. i own 4 detectors and have read the manual on all of them several times. put the manual in the bathroom. when your doing something that nobodies gonna bother you, read the manual while your at it!

i run mine at about half on sensitivity with either coil and it works great. yes, its an entry level machine but its soo light and easy to use that i find myself reaching for it more often than i thought i would.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread