3D Printed MINELAB EQUINOX 600 / 800 STAND - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 3D Printed MINELAB EQUINOX 600 / 800 STAND

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    Hendersonville , TN
    Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
    179 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Also happy to hear that they are not for sale; Minelab does not play games when it comes to their Logo, in 2007 they drilled that Serbian based company for producing key fobs. Company was Mile Dragavic, they specialized in counterfeiting all sorts of prospecting gear and military gear.
    But a DIY, that is still thankfully legal, but I think if some firms had their way they would love laws against that as well.
    You are very right Oddjob and thanks for the compliments ! No one likes their company logo used for profit with out their consent. Lucky I'm while I'm hosting my 3d models on Thingiverse I'm under a Creative Commons Liscense agreement . https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
    I cannot download the stl's with the intent to sell. Nor can anyone else print my designs and sell them on ebay or elsewhere. If they do ... they fall under a copyright violation and are subject to a punishment by law. (I can, however send them out to people for free if they just cover the shipping fees. )
    If I want I can set up a license for a 3d design under commercial use but I have to be careful that it doesn't have a coorperate logo or isn't representing copyrighted material.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I take on of those stands for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt2day View Post
    Glenn,
    If you decide to sell the stands I would sure buy one !!!
    I'm getting some sample ABS in next week... I'll send out some stands to you guys for free. Just tell me how their working for you in the fields.. and or if I need to make them a tad taller / skinnier etc . I've been recommending mounting these in front of the control box arm but I may change this. I recently got some feedback from a user and he told me that mounting the stand behind the control arm is better because it stays out of the way of your swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    Glenn,
    Very cool stand. I like it. Can you tell me what advantages does the stand give you over just the built-in one below the arm cuff?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    ..Thanks Dan for the compliments ! The printed stand helps to raise your detector's up out of elements a bit more compared to the stock arm cuff. Often the cuff stand will cause your detector to flp over on uneven surfaces or drop the bottom of your rod end in the mud. the printed stand just gives you a little more height to prevent these annoyances..

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    why do people make anything without adding a beerholder?
    Jeff , I couldn't fit it on the stand but I made a separate Beer holder mount just for you. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter 33.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	936.6 KB 
ID:	1603334
    Oddjob likes this.

us
    Jul 2017
    The Old North State
    Equinox 600 Tesoro Cutlass Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    833 times
    OK, two things about the beer holder ...

First, Jeff, are you sure you want an aluminum can that close to your coil? That may turn out to be like the lesson I learned when pinpointing while wearing my wedding ring.

Next, Glenn, you might want to re-design the beer holder with a gimbal mount so it doesn't spill when you change the angle of the detector shaft. You would certainly hate to spill beer on your detector.
    ---------------------
    To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.
    Therefore, remember your creator in the days of your youth.

us
    Apr 2012
    Hendersonville , TN
    Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringtyer View Post
    OK, two things about the beer holder ...

First, Jeff, are you sure you want an aluminum can that close to your coil? That may turn out to be like the lesson I learned when pinpointing while wearing my wedding ring.

Next, Glenn, you might want to re-design the beer holder with a gimbal mount so it doesn't spill when you change the angle of the detector shaft. You would certainly hate to spill beer on your detector.
    It's designed for bottled beer..so no need to worry about coil interference.

lmao.. my original design had a gimbal mount but after loading it into a 3D slicer program it was going to be to complicated to print. Not giving up just yet ... I'm definitely going to work on it and when I'm done I'm going to send it to Jeff just to see if he actually drinks and detects. lol ...
    -Drunk detecting.. now that is a hilariously funny picture to imagine.

us
    Sep 2016
    Southern Arizona
    Minelab Equinox 800,XP ORX
    94 times
    Glenn, that's nice. Any chance of making a quick release mount?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links