Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dear SDC users,

I have the following issue with my machine.

- at volume setting 1 I have no threshold at all just a sound here and there
- at volume setting 2 I have a threshold with huge lapses stuttering not useable
- at volume setting 3 the threshold is constant and smooth but using the headphones it is way too loud

Minelab Australia informed me that the machine should be able to detect a 0,05 gram nugget.

Mine does not respond to a 0,1 gram nugget which is double the weight what they have told me. Even rubbing it directly on the coil's edge where it is most sensitive.

I have sent it back to the German importers and they have sent it to Minelab headquarters in Ireland. Let's see what they come up with.

I would love to hear from fellow SDC2300 users if you have experienced the same or similar problems?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just a short update. Today is the 25th June I sent the machine to the German importers 22nd May and it arrived there 23rd May. More than a month now and still no answer what is wrong and when I will receive my machine back. They do sell stuff big time but when it comes to service Minelab and their importers in Germany are somehow (I try to be friendly) strange....

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
meanwhile I received my machine back. As per Minelab there were no issues and everything works perfect. What I can say is that I now have a stable threshold at Vol. setting 2 which makes it a lot more comfortable to use as 3 was too loud. Minelab really checked the machine throughly and sent me the report. It took a while but after all I have to say tat Minelab offered a very good service. I think the german dealer is reaponsible for the long time I had to wait.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Minelab also just opened a repair center in France.

OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
many thanks for info

Top Member Reactions