Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a long standing request that my two grown children give me no gifts on Father's Day other than something home-made by either them or the grand-kids. I'd rather spend time with them ... which my wife and I do on a weekly basis.

Yesterday was no exception. My two grand-daughters (8 and 6 years old) love to go detecting with Papa so we took off in the oppressive heat and humidity of the piedmont of North Carolina. We went to a semi-abandoned playground in their neighborhood and I gave the older girl my Tesoro and sent them off to find goodies. I went about sweeping the edge of a volley ball court and got a hit that had all the earmarks of a coin spill. After a few minutes of digging, the girls had $1.27 in change ... mostly clad. After that, she got a hit and found a few junk jewelry charms. May as well have been a chest full of treasure!

Back at home they cleaned and cataloged their finds while I cooked brats and burgers on the grill for everyone. All in all, it was a great day.

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day! Congratulations on the wonderful father's day.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the perfect Father's Day if you ask me : )

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is what I call a wonderful Fathers Day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread