Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend called today and wanted me to try to locate a underground electric line for him. Said I'd try so I went to his place, got out of my truck, and turned on the ATP. Screen looked like a jumbled rainbow mess. I thought "what now". He asked what was wrong and I said my screen is screwed up. He walked over and looked at it and said it looked just fine to him. I pulled off my sun glasses and sure as heck the screen was perfectly clear but when we put on those sunglasses, all you could see was rainbow effect. Have you all ever had that happen with sunglasses?

Upvote 0

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Probably polarized sunglasses. I use them for fishing

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Standard affair for the AT Pro screen. It's your polarized sunglasses. Pilots like to use non-polarized sunglasses while flying so they can see their instrument screens.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those were prescription sunglasses, you probably paid more for the polarized. They also do that with some fluorescent lights. But, great for fishing!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend called today and wanted me to try to locate a underground electric line for him. Said I'd try so I went to his place, got out of my truck, and turned on the ATP. Screen looked like a jumbled rainbow mess. I thought "what now". He asked what was wrong and I said my screen is screwed up. He walked over and looked at it and said it looked just fine to him. I pulled off my sun glasses and sure as heck the screen was perfectly clear but when we put on those sunglasses, all you could see was rainbow effect. Have you all ever had that happen with sunglasses?

I have to wear cheap sunglasses on both ATP and my CTX. my CTX screen turns solid black when I put them on

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forget about sunglasses with etrac. but yes screen does have those collors on at pro with sun glasses.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did you put a scratch protector on the control panel? Some do that with the screwed up colors.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeppers, polarized glasses I have the same problem. I thought I left it in the trunk too long.

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
I just about had a stroke when it happened to me.

Which is why I knew the whole story just from the title.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread