Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I always thought a flying eagle should be on the bucket list. Apparently I had already found one I just didn't know it. I was digging through and adding to a bag of detected wheat cents when I saw one that just didn't look right. Then it hit me. Its a dateless flying eagle. Its really toasted. No idea where it came from but I think I found it with Smokey at one of two different possible locations. Oh well, now I'll have to put a dated flying eagle on the list. I'll post a pic when I get home.
I've been encountering a little detector frustration. Lots of wheat cents but no silver and nothing too noteworthy being found. I hit a local watering hole with some history behind it and whats the first thing I find? A guy in the water with his AT max lol. We swapped numbers and I hope to hunt alongside someone as motivated to water hunt as I am. This year has been tough but I'm planning a big outing Thursday- Sunday and I am not going home empty handed.

Upvote 0

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the dateless Flying Eagle.
I recovered my first and only Flying Eagle 2 years ago.
It too was dateless.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be happy with a dateless one. Compared to all the other cent types they were made only for a brief time. Finding one is almost like a needle in a haystack.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a fairly slow year in the water, seeing the influx of many new younger hunters and seems the fresh droppers are just not dropping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread