A lesson learned while detecting for a British Encampment in Southeast Louisiana...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This past weekend "Truth" and I obtained permission to enter a large (300 + acres) tract of land within close proximity to the Chalmette Battle Field during the "Battle of New Orleans". On this tract a British Encampment was located prior to the actual battle. This encampment was approximately ENE of the actual battle field and all we had to do was find it.

Below I'm going to post a link to the original thread from the beginning to present. It turned out to be a situation a lot of us never think about ever being in while out in the wood's detecting, especially some of you diehard relic hunters like me. Hopefully someone will find some useful information within the thread, especially my post where I darn near met my maker. Take care and may God Bless!!! "D"

Click this link of story thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...erty-where-british-camped-here-louisiana.html

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for winter. One word on the Chalmette Battlefield. I was going over some archaeology reports a few years ago, and the ground the battle was fought on is now several FEET lower, and covered with all the debris and detritus from the last 200 years. When I read that report about 10 years ago, they estimated the actual ground they fought on is now FIVE FEET below current surface levels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread