Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, hope every one is well and having good hunts. My last hunt and finds i posted has raised some suspicion by one or two of the members as to if my finds are real or fake. I only joined the forum to share my finds and make some new friends, not to post fake finds. i have therefore decided it will be better to withdraw my self completely from this forum to avoid these sort of suspicions. So this will be my last post and visit to the forum.

Hope everyone has good health and many good hunts in the future.

Kind Regards Brendan

Upvote 0

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old saying, to thy own self be true. Doesn't really matter what others think. Sad part is, that there are people that post fake finds, I never could understand such dishonesty. Fact is some are sicker than others. I think one of the guys posted the link to say the other guy broke the rules. I suggest you pay them no mind and continue to enjoy yourself and post whatever you want.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not even sure what he’s talking about. I can’t find anything controversial from his posts or replies. Oh, never mind, I see it now.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... i have therefore decided it will be better to withdraw my self completely from this forum to avoid these sort of suspicion...
stopit.gif
Brendan! You keep right along posting your finds - PLEASE! We have thousands of members which means thousands of opinions. None of us can please everyone. Heck, a bunch of members hate my "graphics" but others like them! KEEP POSTING YOUR FINDS!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should hang around. All of your posts have interesting finds. I saw just one reply that questioned your post, and that person was way out of line. HE couldn't imagine finding American artifacts in South Africa. HE had never been there, so HE assumed no other Americans had either. HE was a jerk for his comments. Stick around.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Stay with us. I like seeing finds from all over this big ball we live on. Looking at my pull tad finds gets old.:laughing7:

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should hang around. All of your posts have interesting finds. I saw just one reply that questioned your post, and that person was way out of line. HE couldn't imagine finding American artifacts in South Africa. HE had never been there, so HE assumed no other Americans had either. HE was a jerk for his comments. Stick around.
nailed it, who cares what one guy said? Sounds like he was a very small minority

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brendan75, keep on posting, let the moderators take care of the issue, warning has already been issued.

If anyone has a doubt about any find posted the only acceptable course of action is to present it to a mod via PM, members DO NOT post the attack on our open forums.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a shame to see you go. I'm sure there are fake posts on this forum, but as long as you know your item is real, that's all that matters. People who make fake posts need some sort of validation. People who accuse those of making a fake post, are usually jealous, knowing that they themselves will never find such an item. As long as your conscience is clear, I would keep on posting !

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
In the United States of America we are allowed to have opinions, but sometimes those opinions are best kept to oneself.
No doubt you are experiencing some tension because of the racial problems South Africa is now having. I thought that people there were now getting along after the Mandela's leading the reforms. There was a period of history called World War II that brought people of the Allied Forces together the world over. The Yanks got around ! After the "American War between the States", mostly called the "Civil War" here, many veterans couldn't fit back into normal society. Many went to Australia to find gold, and no doubt some went to South Africa as well to do the same. Anyway, please don't be so quick to give up a mighty fine TreasureNet forum. As to the question "real or fake", it's a fair question after all, no big deal. I don't believe it was a personal insult, just a question in this case. We like your finds! GL & HH.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why let what someone else thinks determine how you act you post to get an opinion

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brendan,

Just look at all the support you've received from those who stand with you and love seeing your post, to include myself!!! I'm willing to bet that in just this one post you've received more support / positive comments than any negative comments you've received in your past post. Hang in there brother, don't let negative, jealous people dictate your future. You've posted some great finds and I really enjoy seeing them, as many other members has stated previously, so stay with us and keep on posting ya finds!!!

Your T-Net friend... "D"

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON'T LEAVE!!!

Looking at your last post, I (and others, I assume) think it's 100% obvious that you are in NO WAY posting fake finds. Sounds like someone was just unsure why you were finding things in the places you found them. And the 2nd member was not accusing your finds of being fake, he was accusing the other person of violating the rules by questioning your finds. Maybe you just interpreted his post wrongly.

Hang in there brother! Would love to see you keep sharing your finds with us.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never stop posting here because of the few haters on this site. My views on guns and hunting annoy quite a few posters, but I could care less. The more they harass me, the more I give it back. Never let them win by going away. Just my take on it...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brendan, stick around. Don't give one member's opinion from someone affect you. I don't get out much so I come here multiple times a day to check the new finds, and I like the finds from abroad for the diversity of the coins and relics. Hope to see you posting some more great stuff soon. Ddf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't leave because of what one member did. I enjoy your posts from your part of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had some hissy fits in the early days & nearly left a couple of times. You just have to find a way of not taking it personally. It looks like 1 person, who is pretty new, so its easily dismissed.

I see nothing questionable in your posts.

But sadly I have seen plenty of scams on here, that we do call out, in our own way. So it does exist.

Stay or go its up to you, but I will say that you will lose the most by leaving.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder, you can not insult any member and this includes a new member who may not be aware of our rules or "real or fake" posts.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is this still in todays finds? It would have been moved or locked a long time ago before????????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread