ATP NEL Tornado Coil Results ~ Odd readings....Halp?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2][/h]
I ended up finding a really good deal on a new NEL Tornado coil for my ATP. I've been hunting mainly with the CTX, so I was excited to be using something different again.

One thing I noticed in air tests, were that the NEL coil was hitting targets from 14"-16" with no problems. I was stoked to go try some areas I have beat down in the past and see what I missed.

After about 2.5 hours of using it, I was whooped! it had a little more weight than I was used to.

One thing I did notice was how GOOD old bottle caps rang up!!

I counted at the end of the day 38 steel screw tops and out of those, about 85% of them read DEAD ON a Quarter Signal and wouldn't budge. No Iron grunt, no jumping around. It was just a sweet soft whistle and a solid 88.

Then there was a couple i remember that locked into a 92 from every direction I swung.

Is there something I need to do with the settings on my machine?

It was ground balanced and when I swung over a coin, nothing odd about the VDI or tones, etc.

I was just a little discouraged to see how much those things LOVED Iron.

Ihe place I tested was only 1 spot and its known for Iron. I will admit thou, I was plucking tiny scraps of pulltabs and iron from a good 14" easy...thank god for the last 2 months of rain.​

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to balance at 1/2 sensitivity

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont use in an area with lots of trash or iron it will pick up all thats under the diameter of the coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread