Excalibur or Tiger shark

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a difference between a Caddy and a Ford? LOL.

The Excal is the detector of choice for many that hunt the sand and water. Some of us like the Sov. Gt which is a land version of the Excal. The main difference between the Excal and Tiger is 17 freq. on the Excal, tone ID, rechageable battery pak, DD coil, lots of depth, and most of all the IRON MASK. With iron mask, the Excal will null on iron yet still respond to a gold ring under the iron, something other detectors won't do because they disc. the iron and all below it.

Attachments

• Excalibur 1000 (WinCE).jpg
    Excalibur 1000 (WinCE).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Excalibur 1000 (WinCE).jpg
    Excalibur 1000 (WinCE).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 198

Willy

The Tigershark will also find much smaller targets, especially low conductors and unlike ML detectors) comes with a lifetime guarantee. I like the tones on the Excalibur much better than the T.shark single tone . ..Willy

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my Excalibur in 1997 (yep, the original Excalibur with the 8" SeaSearch Coil). Before ML had the 800 and the 1000.

Mine has NEVER failed. I am still using the original rechargeable battery pack. It has never leaked. I have never had any problems with it.

The only thing I have done to it, was have my ML Dealer Buddy install a 10" Coil. The original was just too sensitive to use in the surf. I also did hip mount it on the back.

It also never fails to find the goodies.

Best-Mike

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i just got a tigershark. lifetime warranty was a big selling point for me. i'm happy with the tigershark's operation soo far. no "special" battery packs either. proprietary batteries are a big turnoff for me. i try to avoid any product that uses one. manufacturers tend to take advantage of the fact you HAVE to get their special battery from them. tigershark uses AA batts. cheap and available almost anywhere.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have just picked up an excal 1000 this year after talking alot with Sandman and I feel I made a great choice. I have found 3 rings and countless change and I like the different tones. I have the rechargable battery, but I also have another battery pack that I can use AA batteries if I choose and is easily changed out. Yes, it does not have the lifetime warranty, but what a great detector for the wet sand, dry sand or even in the water, which I do also by wading up to neck deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread