Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By HighVDI
  • 1 Post By Charlie P. (NY)
  • 2 Post By chub

Thread: F75 1N and 2F lets talk tones

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1150 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

F75 1N and 2F lets talk tones

Going to my favourite site tomorrow with the F75. Its a English military camp from the late 1800s. Ive pretty much hammered the main block houses and areas of occupation but have never gone too crazy in the dumping area. Its thick with iron...

Ive always used 3 tone. ( hang over from the F5) then I went through a long period of using Delta pitch. After reading the manual again Im going to test drive 1N tomorrow -Iron is silent but shows on the vdi. Ive always used 3 tone so that I can hear any signs of iron grunt during a false high tone (normally a rust halo reading up in the high end of the VDI).

Any thoughts from anyone? I dont have a good reason why I have never considered the 1 and 2 tone options.... kind of embarrassing considering the hours I have on this machine

Chub

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3559 times
    Metal Detecting
    monotone, Disc on 6 might even work? I always did well with 2f at the older sites.
    chub likes this.

Apr 2017
    1150 times
    Good one. Thanks, Ill try it.

Chub

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16791 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    If you have an idea where the trash pits were, I'd dig and sift. You'd be amazed at what you will finds at 3 or more feet below the surface. I normally run 3 tones in the fields and if there are power lines close I have no problem when I hunt at a sensitivity of 65 and still get good depth. Just yesterday I was detecting a permission and had my nel sharpshooter attached (9.5x5.5" coil). I hit on targets at 11" deep in DE mode, 3H tone , disc of 1-6, at 65 sensitivity in wet soil.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11050 times
    Metal Detecting
    For sites with desirable relics I would consider switching over to all metal and watching the display.
    chub likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Apr 2017
    1150 times
    Thanks for everyones input. I did a bit of everything today...but ended up back in 3 tone with a little discrim past the iron and into the foil. Found the usual buttons, harmonica reeds etc. Nothing super unusual but enjoyed the fresh air. been a while since Ive been out.

Chub
    HighVDI and Loco-Digger like this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11050 times
    Metal Detecting
    Three with high nickel (3H) is what I normally use for coin shooting. It's a good all-around setting.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links