Is 45 detection depth possible with this unit? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Is 45 detection depth possible with this unit?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    So on islands that have black sand beaches and hot rocks the size of baseballs its worthless likes a 2 box VLF or 808 i guess with all the hype they forgot to warn you .....To all companies do your tests in Florida it might help your sales (scams)
    amar and msolomon like this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    I still miss my BFO unit ok laugh but it worked

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    I remember that Green machine (garrett) ad 1973 for BFO u want a hear a good joke 24"x24" on a big target 16 feet ...What on a saturn 5 target ...My old thoughts what i seen these scam companies have gone backwards just used more hype.. Soon they be all out of business a new player at bat

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    126 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    An average VLF's depth ends at around 0,5m, the really good ones can go down to 1m and some best ones dies out between 1 and 2m depth - in the soil ofcourse, not in the air. No exception seen so fare. But the magnetometer sensor may go much further than that (for iron and other feromagnetic materials). It may not detect a screw at 14m , but a burried submarine most certenly. So officialy, the advetrisment doesn't lie, it's just not telling the inire truth...
    XLV likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7555 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    These deep treasure stories always intrigue me. The chance of someone burying a treasure that deep is extremely remote. Finding one buried that deep is even more unlikely, and even if you did, who would want to dig that deep on a hunch? Are you going to use a backhoe? Pull an Oak Island adventure and start drilling test holes hoping to pull up something definitive without severely damaging it? Spend millions doing it with the likely result being a dry hole?
    XLV, msolomon and Tom_in_CA like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    126 times
    I remember the "deeper" fetish fewer in my naighborhood some 10 years ago or so... it's not how deep one is willing to dig - which usually extends down to 0,5m max. - but how deep is one's detector able to go.... i've seen this with cars before, it's unlikley to be able to drive the Ferrari 300 km/h on a regular road, but one still wants it.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    If u believe these other members 300 feet the record by hand ,,,,i seen 86 feet once , 50 feet 4x , 30 feet 12x ....all by hand all found nothing as far as a know at least 14 died in these holes

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    And don't forget open pit treasure hunters they dug holes up to 1000 feet wide and +30 feet deep by hand .......water there problem its limits them to these depths
    TheGreenBoy likes this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    American start crying past 12" inches that y the only need 12" coils

Feb 2019
    26 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MDCLXVI View Post
    So on islands that have black sand beaches and hot rocks the size of baseballs its worthless likes a 2 box VLF or 808 i guess with all the hype they forgot to warn you .....To all companies do your tests in Florida it might help your sales (scams)
    Not only did they forget to warn me... They made blatantly false claims about the units capabilities. I was even more of a noob at the time and believed everything. "PERFECT METAL DISCRIMINATION" ... "THE DEEPEST PENETRATING DETECTOR IN THE WORLD" ... "IDENTIFY DEPTH AND TYPE OF METAL" ... All totally false. This was actually the argument to Amazon when I was having trouble getting my money back. Its a little harder to get a full $4000 refund. You have to justify it much more. But for this unit it was easy... false advertising. Everyone at Amazon agreed.

The reason I was curious about the Makro Deephunter is because the only metal detector distributor in the Philippines is always pushing it as his best unit. That guy has a lot of experience because he also sells treasure site surveying services in the Philippines and he stays booked. I think hes probably a hitter because he has some very expensive equipment, but who knows. Now I'm beginning to believe hes probably pushing the Deephunter because of the mark-up on the unit. Its strange because Nokta is the same company as Makro and people really adore some of those machines. I don't know how they get away with selling such poor designs on the Makro side.

I thought maybe Makro was like KIA. Entered the market with garbage and built their way up to decent cars. Guess not.
    Last edited by msolomon; Mar 30, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
    XLV likes this.

XLV
    Need MAX discrimination

Jul 2016
    South East Asia
    397 times
    Inspector
    Sorry to hear that msolomon ...I will stay with old fashion P.I. and that company might be a sponsor here i already said in another post something wxsexss already
    msolomon likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    126 times
    10+ yares of troublefree service...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	1697465

Name:	pic9.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1697464
    msolomon and XLV like this.

Feb 2019
    26 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    10+ yares of troublefree service...

Name:	pic6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	1697465

Name:	pic9.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1697464
    It's beautiful. Did you build it?

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    126 times
    I built several but this is the one i am using at regurar basis.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10063 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    These deep treasure stories always intrigue me. The chance of someone burying a treasure that deep is extremely remote. Finding one buried that deep is even more unlikely, and even if you did, who would want to dig that deep on a hunch? Are you going to use a backhoe? Pull an Oak Island adventure and start drilling test holes hoping to pull up something definitive without severely damaging it? Spend millions doing it with the likely result being a dry hole?
    Bingo. If you look at the history of found-caches, you don't see these insane depths. I've recovered several for "next of kin" over the years. And in each case, just a foot or two tops. Why is there any need to bury deeper ? It's equally as "hidden", as long as the top is covered and fluffed up. Burying it deeper does not hide-it-better, eh ?

And as anyone who's bottle dug old outhouse pits knows: It's back-breaking work to go down even 6 ft. by hand shoveling. So you'd have to ask yourself, if you're the one burying a treasure: "Why?" What's the use/purpose ?? And if you look at stories of past caches found (either by md'rs, or by const. workers by accident, etc...) there is not these insane depths that they turned up at.

Yet, sure as heck, folks come on to T'net inquiring about machines that can go 3 to 6 meters deep (10 ft. to 20 ft. deep). And are convinced that treasures, of necessity, are that deep. And the bigger the treasure, the deeper it must be. That's the immediate moment I smell a ghost-story telephone game legend in full swing.
    cudamark and XLV like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links