Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree27Likes
  • 5 Post By Deep1
  • 1 Post By eman1000
  • 7 Post By Deep1
  • 2 Post By excorcist
  • 9 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 2 Post By against the wind
  • 1 Post By LawrencetheMDer

Thread: Bogus Garrett Pinpointers On Ebay

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett PI, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266.
    121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Bogus Garrett Pinpointers On Ebay

Shopping for a pinpointer.
    Went to Ebay to see what they had.
    Found quite a lot of chinese listings for counterfeit Garrett Propoints.
    Spoke with Garrett and they are trying to get listings removed.
    Until the listings are removed, please don't buy the Garrett knock offs from china.
    It only serves to put money in thieve's pockets.
    And most likely, when it dies in a couple of months, you'll be SOL.
    You'll have to ship it back to china(quite costly) and wait a couple of months for a replacement, if you even get one.
    Support Garrett and all our other fine American manufacturers, don't buy chinese knock offs from Ebay.
    Here's an example of a bogus Garrett:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARRETT-PRO...wAAOSwIsdcBzpp

If you think you can get a Garrett Pro point shipped from china for $39.99, I got a couple of bridges for sale.
    Buy and support USA.
    davin, A2coins, Inspector and 2 others like this.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Whites V3i, Whites MX5, Fisher F22
    402 times
    I'd would like to see Garrett and the mold shop they use show us the core and cavity being made in the states. If these companies are having their molds made in China to save on cost then that could explain the knock offs. I'm not saying Garrett does this but I know a few things about molds and I've seen it done.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett PI, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266.
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    I'd would like to see Garrett and the mold shop they use show us the core and cavity being made in the states. If these companies are having their molds made in China to save on cost then that could explain the knock offs. I'm not saying Garrett does this but I know a few things about molds and I've seen it done.
    I don't own a pro pointer and correct me if I'm wrong but, I assume they're made in china.
    And that's the problem, whenever an American corp. has a new product they send it to china to manufacture.
    Which opens it to intellectual thief, which the chinese are well known to do.
    Big bizness knows this, but they feel the cost savings will offset counterfeit loss.
    I have no sympathy for big bizness, their CEO's, CFO's and all the greedies at the top, they have bought this on themselves.
    But I do feel for the true workers designers, assemblers, sales, shipping. These are the ones affected the most by corporate greed, losing their job or seeing hours cut.
    I'll bet an I button that the same chinese manufacturer that makes the propoint for Garrett is the one selling them on Ebay.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

Feb 2019
    8 times
    Honesty they are garbage. Not even worth using compared to the real deal... Im all about saving money when I can, if you have a good enough product/ idea you should take every possible step possible to protect it, because there will ALWAYS be a market for a cheaper version given the performance is the same. In this case its not even close. I think I saw some youtube videos that test them against each other as well that had the same experience I did. I tossed it in the trash
    A2coins and Inspector like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21165 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep1 View Post
    Shopping for a pinpointer.
    Went to Ebay to see what they had.
    Found quite a lot of chinese listings for counterfeit Garrett Propoints.
    Spoke with Garrett and they are trying to get listings removed.
    Until the listings are removed, please don't buy the Garrett knock offs from china.
    It only serves to put money in thieve's pockets.
    And most likely, when it dies in a couple of months, you'll be SOL.
    You'll have to ship it back to china(quite costly) and wait a couple of months for a replacement, if you even get one.
    Support Garrett and all our other fine American manufacturers, don't buy chinese knock offs from Ebay.
    Here's an example of a bogus Garrett:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARRETT-PRO...wAAOSwIsdcBzpp

If you think you can get a Garrett Pro point shipped from china for $39.99, I got a couple of bridges for sale.
    Buy and support USA.
    First, why in the name of all that is diggable would you buy ANYTHING on Ebay that is not being sold by an authorized dealer? We have many of the best dealers in the Country - Right Here as sponsors! Keith at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors is a great example. Don't buy equipment twice. Buy it right the first time!

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    19679 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ehhh,,, are those bridges in New York??
    A2coins and Inspector like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, BH Discovery 3300 w 7" coil, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher Pulse Pointer, Whites (1970s)
    1285 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yea, I was also looking for a pointer recently and looked at e-bay. Found more than a few fake pointers from china. Many different brands. BBW Decided for the real thing, F-pulse, from a well know metal detector dealer.
    Also agree with most of above but bet NOT same as real thing. Also it is very, very easy to make a mold!
    A2coins likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    20344 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Its not just pinpointers all kinds of stuff
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Feb 2007
    282 times
    I keep getting this pop up and on my news feedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190308_153327.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	544.6 KB 
ID:	1688457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190308-153032_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	413.6 KB 
ID:	1688460

Feb 2007
    282 times
    I keep getting this pop up add on my news feedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190308_153327.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	544.6 KB 
ID:	1688457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190308-153032_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	413.6 KB 
ID:	1688460

us
    Aug 2016
    Middleburgh, NY
    Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
    160 times
    I've seen it more and more where American manufacturers are stretching the meaning of "made in the USA" to its breaking point. The parts will be manufactured overseas and then brought back here for assembly so they can claim to be making it here. This has been going on since the industry switched to surface mount components. If you make a deal with a snake you can't complain when it bites you. That being said, there is an inconsistency in the manufacture of the imitation propointers. I'm not sure what makes them different but some are outstanding, most are fairly decent, and some are rather pathetic as far as range goes.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    144 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ☠ Cipher View Post
    I've seen it more and more where American manufacturers are stretching the meaning of "made in the USA" to its breaking point. The parts will be manufactured overseas and then brought back here for assembly so they can claim to be making it here. This has been going on since the industry switched to surface mount components. If you make a deal with a snake you can't complain when it bites you. That being said, there is an inconsistency in the manufacture of the imitation propointers. I'm not sure what makes them different but some are outstanding, most are fairly decent, and some are rather pathetic as far as range goes.
    They(the grey market ones) are probably 3rd shift items. So while 3rd shift products aren't actually fake in the terms of being knock offs the quality control of unauthorized items is non existent.

Feb 2006
    989 times
    Counterfeits on EBay? Really? Sorry, boys and girls, but fakes on EBay is nothing new. Been going on for years. Amazon, too, is the land of counterfeits and fakes. Always buy from trusted, verifiable sources.

Time for more coffee.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links