Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Are their forces outside of Detecting that guide us to the gold?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2003
    Orange Co. NY
    White's xlt,Tesoro Silver umax, and Compadre.
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    i will say that i believe in Karma - I think every time i have made a ring return - i found one just after or first hit on next hunt
    and i have made a fair amount of returns
    NICE FIND
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftd_qVJ-4Mw

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Another humorous example, of reading too much into random eventual odds and nothingness:

I have a friend who got caught up in a recent fad of "ghost hunting". Where he and some other dudes go into an old abandoned "haunted" house. And sit for hours in utter darkness and silence . With super high tech recording & video devices. Then the next day, play back the tapes with the volume turned all the way up. Then play with the recording play-back speed, etc.... And .... lo & behold, certain crick sounds, or gentle wind-blowing sounds, etc.... sound like a ghost calling a name out. Or some flicker of light in a video can be interpreted to be a "ghost", blah blah.

I told him that I suspect that every single crackle sound of the floor-boards or settling house, or glimmer of light that flashes against a wall, is probably stuff that NO ONE EVER THINKS TWICE ABOUT in normal life. They're all easily explained settling of the house (when night temp's drop), or a light from a passing car, 7 blocks away, that caused a flicker to dance at a window, etc..... But sure, if you're "letting your imagination run wild", and play with exposures, and video recordings, you can eventually convince yourself that it's "beyond random chance" and that you "distinctly hear the name "Joe", being called", blah blah When in fact : It's nothing but selective memory bias, and looking for assassins under rocks sort of mentality.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqmF3liZq4M
    You know it's a good day when you not only have surface finds of Pulltabs, but pull two out of the same hole.

us
    Nov 2003
    Orange Co. NY
    White's xlt,Tesoro Silver umax, and Compadre.
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Have you ever been thinking of a person and then that person calls or shows up out of the blue? I have. It happens to me more often than not. Usually its at the time i am thinking about that person or within minutes of the thought.

The same thing has happened to me before a gold find. Not every time but enough to make me think about what just happened. The last time this happened to me while detecting was when I found my gold coin ring. Some people would say it was the result of hard work. I won't deny, I dug thousands holes before the ring was found and the law of averages was probably in my favor but that day was a day i was looking for gold. It was on my mind and i was drawn to a specific location by what can only be described by some, as a feeling.
    This is the ring i am referring too.
    Attachment 1706345 Attachment 1706346

On a side note...the last Gold ring I found turned out to be 18k with no thoughts of gold at all.

Anyhow, the gold coin ring along with several others over my life have me wondering if their are forces that guide us to what we are looking for. It also makes me wonder about Dousing and L rods and such. Have I been subconsciously dousing while I detect?

So....am I alone here? What are your thoughts? Maybe these kinds of circumstances resulting in significant finds are more common than we think.
    Hypothetically if someone tossed a coin 1,000 times, graphed out the head/tails result, and put it on public display? What would you think of the people that pointed at an instance where let's say heads had hit 10 consecutive times in a row, and these people where adamant it was a miracle. When pointed out that 990 times it did not do that they looked at you like you had three heads.

What would you think of these people?
    You know it's a good day when you not only have surface finds of Pulltabs, but pull two out of the same hole.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10018 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by solx nys View Post
    Hypothetically if someone tossed a coin 1,000 times, ..... let's say heads had hit 10 consecutive times in a row, and these people where adamant it was a miracle. When pointed out that 990 times it did not do that they looked at you like you had three heads....
    BINGO ! And ... humorously .... like some ... uh ... "unconventional TH'ing methods", here's what they'd do next with those 10-times in a row that it was heads.

a) Point out to you that ... yes ... that 10 times in a row was beyond random chance (pretty hard to argue with that, right ?)

b) So they would call that a "success" and say it "needs more study" (pretty hard to argue with that, eh ?)

c) They would study to find out what-other-factors were present during the exact time that those 10 times were "heads". Eg.: that it occurred at exactly 10:50 pm. Or that the person who flipped the coin during that 10 times, had a last name beginning in R. Or that his measurable body chemistry was slightly different than the other persons who were flipping coins.

And sure enough, you can find something uncanny going on during those 10 flips. Never-mind that you can likewise easily find "uncanny differences" going on during the other flips and other people.
    DeepseekerADS and solx nys like this.

us
    Aug 2018
    Central Florida
    Garrett At Pro
    243 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Another humorous example, of reading too much into random eventual odds and nothingness:

I have a friend who got caught up in a recent fad of "ghost hunting". Where he and some other dudes go into an old abandoned "haunted" house. And sit for hours in utter darkness and silence . With super high tech recording & video devices. Then the next day, play back the tapes with the volume turned all the way up. Then play with the recording play-back speed, etc.... And .... lo & behold, certain crick sounds, or gentle wind-blowing sounds, etc.... sound like a ghost calling a name out. Or some flicker of light in a video can be interpreted to be a "ghost", blah blah.

I told him that I suspect that every single crackle sound of the floor-boards or settling house, or glimmer of light that flashes against a wall, is probably stuff that NO ONE EVER THINKS TWICE ABOUT in normal life. They're all easily explained settling of the house (when night temp's drop), or a light from a passing car, 7 blocks away, that caused a flicker to dance at a window, etc..... But sure, if you're "letting your imagination run wild", and play with exposures, and video recordings, you can eventually convince yourself that it's "beyond random chance" and that you "distinctly hear the name "Joe", being called", blah blah When in fact : It's nothing but selective memory bias, and looking for assassins under rocks sort of mentality.
    I have friend who was heavily into it and I build stuff for the local paranormal guys. Even tried it myself a few times. My buddies ghost orb photos look just like some other peoples treasure auras. Also been Bigfoot hunting a few times. You're spot on with the convincing yourself nothing is something. Most exciting thing that happened on any of the events was the LCSO asking WTF we were doing in cemetery in the middle of the night. Of course it could just be my negative vibes keeping away treasure, ghosts and Bigfoot lol.
    Tom_in_CA and solx nys like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links