Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom Slick

Thread: Metal Detector?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2017
    New Pekin, IN
    Minelab Explorer II, Garrets Ace 250
    84 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Metal Detector?

It's been awhile, shoulder is good enough to maybe do some dirt digging!! Have an older Minelab that is still great but was wondering about the Minelab Equinox, any info would be helpful!
    Thanks!!

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    64 times
    Unless you have some extra specific requirements, you can't go wrong with a Nox, it's a top class device. The only two thinks i would hold against it are a built-in LiPo battery and the control box on a long handle that cannot be field stripped or folded down - some part of the detector will always stick out of the bag. But that is just a personal preference.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    418 times
    There have been some Noxs popping up with problems here and there.. if you read about that i can attest that Minelabs customer service is awesome. Its all warranty work right now but they are taking good care of the customers. I am deff glad the Nox has a 3 year warranty.
    iffy signals - youtube

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Minelab Equinox 800, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX,
    219 times
    My Nox fits inside my White's bag without anything sticking out. Have you had problems with the battery. I hunt with about 5 or 6 other Nox owners in one club and about the same number in a second club and Nobody has experienced a battery problem. What happened to yours? Or is it something you heard about?
    Toecutter likes this.
    44 Years detecting
    ex White's Dealer
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, Makro Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, White's DFX w/BigFoot x 3

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6433 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I like the Nox and it has an easy learning curve. It just makes sense to me. Good luck!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    2x DBP2010, eeTH, M4, GCM
    64 times
    Neither, Tom. I personaly dislike bateries built in the devices. I know it's a trend that goes hand in hand with consumer philosophy, powering the industry and keeping our jobs. But it shoulden't be this way.
    The LiPo battery will sustain 500 - 1000 cycles, depending on its use, which will give 2 years+ to a frequent user and between 3 to 5 yeares to the moderate one, which is a fair deal. Non the less, leaving moderatly used battery unatended for prolnged time periode might finish its life prematurely. Furthermore, the battery is usually just taped to the motherboard, so if or when it inflates, it ofently damage the board and/or display. Dough the tablet computer is rather obsolete after 5 or 10 yeares, a top line detector will still be quite useful and a good performer. Yes, replacing the battery is usually not a big deal, but opening a water-proof housing might be tricky. That is why i personally prefere detechable batteries, modern or old fashion ones.

us
    Mar 2019
    KY
    Fisher Research Labs F2
    92 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    Neither, Tom. I personaly dislike bateries built in the devices. I know it's a trend that goes hand in hand with consumer philosophy, powering the industry and keeping our jobs. But it shoulden't be this way.
    The LiPo battery will sustain 500 - 1000 cycles, depending on its use, which will give 2 years+ to a frequent user and between 3 to 5 yeares to the moderate one, which is a fair deal. Non the less, leaving moderatly used battery unatended for prolnged time periode might finish its life prematurely. Furthermore, the battery is usually just taped to the motherboard, so if or when it inflates, it ofently damage the board and/or display. Dough the tablet computer is rather obsolete after 5 or 10 yeares, a top line detector will still be quite useful and a good performer. Yes, replacing the battery is usually not a big deal, but opening a water-proof housing might be tricky. That is why i personally prefere detechable batteries, modern or old fashion ones.
    Could be worse in that the Equinox runs off of 9V batteries!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links