ML Equinox 600 .. excited
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: ML Equinox 600 .. excited

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    fr
    Oct 2019
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    202 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

ML Equinox 600 .. excited

Hi folks

Just bought a new Equinox 600
    I am ,pretty sure it will be a significant upgrade on my Ace 250,, I am pretty excited and eager to get searching with the Nox..
    Multi IQ here i come..

AD

us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23642 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Read the manual and don't be afraid to experiment with the different tone settings, and modes. This will be like going from the little spaceship in front of the grocery store you used to ride for a quarter, to the cockpit of the Space Shuttle! Don't be overwhelmed, just relax and enjoy the experience!

us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    11661 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Happy Hunting!!!
    AstralDruid and devldog like this.
    What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

fr
    Oct 2019
    202 times
    Thanks

i was so hesitant, the AT max , the XP ORX,, so many choices..... but i think it is time to jump into the future (eliminates the Max) with waterproof kit (eliminates the XP), so Minelab got the nod.
    So now i can finally avoid all those annoying comparison videos...
    Can i buy after market wireless headphones for the 600 ?? if so any recommendations ?
    Also , is there a skid plate / coil protector in the box ??

Thanks again..
    Last edited by AstralDruid; Nov 03, 2019 at 02:55 AM. Reason: fingers
    devldog likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7653 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    You chose wisely. Yes, there should be a skid plate with the coil. There are several choices for wireless headphones and earbuds. I use the factory Minelab stuff, so, i have no experience with the aftermarket. I understand that one of the ones available is exactly like the Minelab ones, but, with a different sticker on it......and much cheaper moneywise.
    RustyGold, AstralDruid and devldog like this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus / ORX / Simplex+
    7910 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Congrats on the new 600 AD. Best of luck out there!

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Oct 2009
    8229 times
    The detector doesnt come with a manual, only a quick-start guide. Download and read the full user manual from the minelab website.

Heres my recommendations for newcomers...

Pick a mode that matches you hunting, and LEAVE IT ALONE.
    dont worry about changing settings until you understand what the stock settings are doing and getting you.
    Dont go changing settings until you have read the manual several times and fully understand what those changes are doing.
    unless you live in an area known for bad ground mineralization, leave your ground balance alone. The ML multi-freq detectors easily handle normal ground minerals all on their own.
    Cut the "cheat sheet" tab off the screen protector of the language you prefer and apply it separately.
    Pick a ZAGG screen protector made for a tablet device, cut the film to match the full face of the equinox and apply that.
    Plan on putting in 100 hours of use to get a TRUE feeling of detector responses. You have to dig A LOT of targets to understand how different situations and targets change the responses.

Aug 2017
    SW MO
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
    1431 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just went from an AT Pro to the Equinox 600. Put it in park 1 and take it to a park, it will feel like cheat mode on clad lol.

I bought a trond aptxll bluetooth receiver, and just use a pair of earbuds. Works great and is only $25.

fr
    Oct 2019
    202 times
    Thanks for th tips and good will.

I will download the manual, and leave it in presets for the first few months.. Thinking of a kit i found on Ebay with shaft protectors and a screen protector

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/153633279778

links probably dead, but it is a camo kit..

Have also seen coil protectors with velcro attachments, big camo coil ? anyone use these ??
    devldog likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    3078 times
    I don't like the shaft covers, I just have a control head cover. If you hunt woods and brush the cloth shaft covers hang up in briars which is a pain. You don't need a cloth cover over your coil, will not really help anything.
    RustyGold, devldog and AstralDruid like this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7653 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    Thanks for th tips and good will.

I will download the manual, and leave it in presets for the first few months.. Thinking of a kit i found on Ebay with shaft protectors and a screen protector

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/153633279778

links probably dead, but it is a camo kit..

Have also seen coil protectors with velcro attachments, big camo coil ? anyone use these ??
    Unless you just like the look, the kit really doesn't help while detecting. It just makes the detector heavier, longer to change coils, and the screen harder to see. It's waterproof, so, no need for a rain cover. Just use the enclosed screen protector plastic film and go for it.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    9521 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats on the 600. I went from an ACE250 to the Nox as well. Stick with one mode at first (maybe Park1), don’t be afraid to lower sensitivity to reduce chatter. I always ran my A250 full throttle, lower sensitivity on the Nox, like 20, will actually make it easier to use and highlight good targets better. Get a pair of wireless headphones, as cheap as $20 bucks for earbuds. You will want to check out Tnets Equinox forum for guidance on which ones to buy. Give it time, it was a difficult transition for me. Good luck!

fr
    Oct 2019
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pa-dirt_nc-sand View Post
    Congrats on the 600. I went from an ACE250 to the Nox as well. Stick with one mode at first (maybe Park1), don’t be afraid to lower sensitivity to reduce chatter. I always ran my A250 full throttle, lower sensitivity on the Nox, like 20, will actually make it easier to use and highlight good targets better. Get a pair of wireless headphones, as cheap as $20 bucks for earbuds. You will want to check out Tnets Equinox forum for guidance on which ones to buy. Give it time, it was a difficult transition for me. Good luck!
    I've often wondered if i was passing over good targets when using the ACE, the NEL coil certainly increased my finds, but that feeling of "there's probably more here" always lingering. When it arrives i'll do a day or two of sound and settings tests, and then cover some easy fields that i've already done with the Garrett... see what happens...
    Damn this delivery is taking an absolute age !!!
    pa-dirt_nc-sand and devldog like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    8229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    I've often wondered if i was passing over good targets when using the ACE, the NEL coil certainly increased my finds, but that feeling of "there's probably more here" always lingering. When it arrives i'll do a day or two of sound and settings tests, and then cover some easy fields that i've already done with the Garrett... see what happens...
    Damn this delivery is taking an absolute age !!!
    Just remember, in-dirt responses are better than air tests, dont use air tests as a gauge for depth. The deepest and co-located targets wont be "perfect" responses, dig everything that seems to be responding over the exact same spot of ground. Iron falses will seem to make the target location jump around a few inches. Dig some of those to verify what is going on and then you can ignore them for the rest of time.

Sep 2019
    Alabama
    XP Deus/ Whites MX-Sport/ Minelab X-Terra 505/ Tesoro Silver Umax
    92 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congratulations on your decision! Good luck on your adventures!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links