More Pulse Devil info

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
The coin found was carefully measured at 20.5 inches and was a medieval hammered silver coin of Edward III which was minted between 1354-5. The coin is made of thin silver and is 27mm in diameter. It weighed in at 4.5g.

The coin was detected by the Nemesis using a ten inch
concentric coplanar coil. What is interesting is that this is far from the largest coil that will be available for the Nemesis- 18 inch max.

Dave mentioned a new Nemesis update will be shortly available. He did mention tone ID in some future models.

The bad news is that Dave is far behind his production efforts. Release date?

George

Willy

I was saving up and waiting for the PD line to finally enter the market and.. decided to get another VLF. I might as well do some productive hunting in the interim. Probably be another 6 months to 1 yr before the PD can be purchased. ..Willy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am waiting to play with the PD. Sure me Excals are tops right now, but that's what was also said about the first 1280.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It all sounds good but I'll believe it when I see it (in my hand).

As for the super depth, I wonder how this will play out at my trashy sites?

I think for most sites I'll be back to Minelab or Tesoro but the PD will still be fun to try.

Badger

Willy

Just checked out the ProspectingOz board and there's a bit more info on the PD coils. Looks like, for now, the smallest coil available will be a 5x9.5" coil. I hope Dave comes out with some smaller coils 'cause there's more to detecting than just depth. ..Willy.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Willy said:
Just checked out the ProspectingOz board and there's a bit more info on the PD coils. Looks like, for now, the smallest coil available will be a 5x9.5" coil. I hope Dave comes out with some smaller coils 'cause there's more to detecting than just depth. ..Willy.

Agreed. Pure depth is only one consideration. I think the coin hunters need to speak up a bit more about this as coils smaller than the 5x9.5" will be needed for some very trashy sites. For a lot of areas a smaller coil which provides the ability to work around trash and TID to total depth is the ticket. Right now a reliable VDI number beyond 8" for a coin is usually not possible with current high end VLFs. Making the current trash laden "iffy" zone readable with a small coil would be more appealing to a lot of detectorists than pure depth.

George

Willy

Well, the discussion is on right now on the ProspectingOz group, so get over there and add your 2 cents. I'm almost the sole voice there advocating the use of small coils.. it seems that bigger is better with most of the TH'rs. If nobody speaks up it's no use going home crying to mommy afterwards. Dave is reading the posts and responding, and if enough people want a small coil, he will most likely have it available for sale when the PD is released. I'm campaigning, at present, for q 3x7" elliptical concentric coil. There might very well be a good chance that the PD will be released with a 6.5x14" coil as stock. Given that a 3x7" were to be available.. who'd need anything more? ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions