Help with my first detector.

Iln143

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2020
Reno, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for advice on my first metal detector. I want somthing with a gold option so I dont have to buy a 2nd one in a few months. I have been looking at the Equinox 800, whites vx3, and the xp orx. If anyone has experience with these machines and has some advice I would apriciate hearing it.

Thanks
Ivan

Upvote 0

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the money go ahead and purchase the higher end more expensive machines, however understand there are much more learning. For the price and performance a notka makro simplex isn’t a bad first time machine, my opinion but you are given many, bottom line is you have to understand what and how it works and have patience or you will be wasting time and money, good luck

OP
OP
I

Iln143

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2020
Reno, Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the XP ORX. I got a deal on eday new with the wireless headphones and Mi6 pinpointer for 689.00 free delivery.

Thank you all for the advice and help!
Ivan

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I went with the XP ORX. I got a deal on eday new with the wireless headphones and Mi6 pinpointer for 689.00 free delivery.

Thank you all for the advice and help!
Ivan
Awesome choice Ivan. Best of luck with the new detector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread