You know you’re committed when...

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BE41AD98-474E-4865-85CC-01C102A91295.jpeg
30 degrees, you wake up at 5:20am to get coffee in your system, feed animals, get stuff together, and plan to be out the door by 6:30am to hit a spot that you may only have one more shot at. Five sandwiches packed, two gallons of water, a few bottles of water and Diet Cokes. Planning an ALL day hunt! Even have Nana running the kids home to let the dogs out to potty later lol Happy hunting!

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's eight minutes to 8 am and still 13 degrees here. I'm digging tomorrow. Will be almost 50. Go figure.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
For Me, I would not call it Committed, Committed is having a ring on your finger, I would call it a Love affair. Love affair is .........you can't wait to get out that door, and doing something you can't get enough of....:laughing7:

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Me, I would not call it Committed, Committed is having a ring on your finger, I would call it a Love affair. Love affair is .........you can't wait to get out that door, and doing something you can't get enough of....:laughing7:

Hahaha! Well I’ll say both for me...committed part is actually getting up THAT early bc hubby wants to and I’m not getting left behind! LOL!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1801765
30 degrees, you wake up at 5:20am to get coffee in your system, feed animals, get stuff together, and plan to be out the door by 6:30am to hit a spot that you may only have one more shot at. Five sandwiches packed, two gallons of water, a few bottles of water and Diet Cokes. Planning an ALL day hunt! Even have Nana running the kids home to let the dogs out to potty later lol Happy hunting!
You kow your committed when your wrapped in a rubber suit in a rubber room and your drooling cause you gotta get out just for a fix of detecting lol I am the same way I go out in the winter the woods mostly but the better the finds at a spot the more I want to go just dress warm and dont even notice the cold. Have fun this is a very fun and addicting hobby Tommy

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaha! Well I’ll say both for me...committed part is actually getting up THAT early bc hubby wants to and I’m not getting left behind! LOL!
That's two of us ......I hate early (No wife here just a warm bed) and I hate the cold..but we still go..:laughing7:...I will be glad when these days start getting longer, and longer..and the water gets warmer.
331301_10.jpg

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Well it did warm up to the 70s. I shed the hoodie and jacket within an hour or so. I’ll be sick again lol

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's eight minutes to 8 am and still 13 degrees here. I'm digging tomorrow. Will be almost 50. Go figure.

Same here. Studied today, ready for the test tomorrow!!!! GL to the BOTH OF US!!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
30 degrees cooler than 30 degrees F here this morning and I never gave a thought to detecting. ;-)

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
ive been cmmitted twice and both times they let me out when i told them i put strawberries on my cheerios intstead of fertilizer

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m committed. It’s going to be in the 70’s at the beach but I guess I’ll go anyway. I plan on getting there early around 11:00am. :laughing7:
(apologies to my cold weather friends)

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m committed. It’s going to be in the 70’s at the beach but I guess I’ll go anyway. I plan on getting there early around 11:00am. :laughing7:
(apologies to my cold weather friends)

Send it North PLEASE!!!! GL on the hunt!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some normal weather here! Our weather is bipolar....30 degrees to 70. Floods all week, beautiful and sunny on the weekend (last year this time it rained ONLY on the weekends). But come April, we’ll have to call it quits bc of the snakes, mosquitos, and 100 degree heat. I have snake boots, so that doesn’t bother me. It’s the mosquitos that kick my butt! Early mornings in the fields will be our only option. Woods are completely out of the question during the summer.

But today will be a day of cleaning house and eating boiled shrimp...so I’m not complaining about staying home! LOL

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just thinking... is that committed, or should you BE committed? LOL! :dontknow:

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just thinking... is that committed, or should you BE committed? LOL! :dontknow:

Oh I’m sure a little of both! We were just talking this morning about the “not normal” things we’ve done/do. Especially for a woman to do. Falconry, hunting, fishing, riding motorcycles, metal detecting...not stuff you see everyone doing lol

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like getting up about 5am and, after walking the dog, hit the beach by 6:30 - 7am and be done by 12 so I can enjoy the rest of the day w the wife...and dog. Here in Florida lots of people don't start moving until 10am, so early morning is good time to hit the beach...unless you like people. Never have been committed although lots of people think I should be medicated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread