Have you ever truly given up on a site?

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a spot yesterday that I have hit countless times before. It's the picture perfect spot. Ancient city park, turn of the century houses, massive old trees... I never find anything there. Maybe a crusty zinc or two, but I cannot bring myself to give it up! No doubt it has been pounded for decades, but there has to be something there! I always leave disappointed, though. I'm extremely stubborn.

Does there ever come a time when you throw in the towel on a site? I'm reaching that point, but it'll be kicking and screaming.

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most productive sites continue to produce after hundreds of hours of hunting.

I hit them every spring after the ground has thawed out. It brings things up. The deeper the freeze the better.

After a soaking rain.....your detector will come alive.

Hit with more than one kind of detector if you have it. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I finally got permission to detect an old abandoned church that's in the middle of nowhere. This old property is one of the best looking detecting sights that I've found, the place we are all looking for. Land owner told me this property became a chuch in 1834 or 36 and before that was the local meeting house in 1827. I detected it for hours and hours and found nothing. One or two shredded cans and about 10 rusty quare nails. That's it.

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell Yes I have... When I start finding bird shot I go elsewhere. It takes you 15-20 minutes to locate that tiny piece of lead and you know there are a hundred more just like it in the vicinity for every round they fired. Sometimes you just gotta walk away. Lifes to short to to spend it cleaning up tiny lead pellets one sesame seed sized pellet at a time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread