Searching for a Buried Cannon in Pakistan - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Searching for a Buried Cannon in Pakistan

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    233 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Deep seeking PI with large frame coil and settings to ignore small objects is worth trying.

Take a look at Golden Mask Deep Hunter or similar (DBP2010, xr71, Beringer Upex 728, pulse star II, etc.).

or, of course, Nokta Invenio, if you do not care to blow 5K..

I am quite offently looking for large and deep objects, and DBP2010 is my favorite tool of choice for it.
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Apr 22, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
    Zamzama and Georgivs like this.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1991 times
    Do you know what time of year it sank? River high or river low?

Chub
    Coinboy and Zamzama like this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Central Texas
    Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coile 11x15DD coil 6DD coil Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
    624 times
    A Twobox Detector would be a good choice but you may want to use a Resistivity Survey Meter. It should put off a MASSIVE signature but you may have to search a large area. If you can locate any old maps or first hand reports that show where the river and crossing were when the canon was lost that may be very helpful. An item that massive it probably sank straight down and didn't move very far from where it originally went down. Best of luck if you do find it post photos!!!
    Zamzama and Georgivs like this.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    70603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamzama View Post
    ok AARC....thanks for the advice .checked out its credentials and seems like a very versatile detector.......
    I am speaking from decades of experience on one.

Your looking for a cannon correct ? ? ?

There is no better detector for the job... Period.

You must spend the money to get the honey.

So you are looking at almost $2,500 for unit... and another $1,500 for the 4 foot coil on tow skid with 100 foot cable.

But let me tell you this...

IF you run it over that cannon... you will know it.... again... period.

And EVEN IF IT IS under 8-12 foot of sand.

No other detector can even come close to that.... mark my words.

Listen.. I have no stake in your game here... so I am not just suggesting something I know nothing about in some hope of something. heh
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Middle Schooler

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Nokta Makro Simplex, Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
    490 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    If you find it be sure to share it with us!
    PetesPockets55, Zamzama and chub like this.
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow
    Winner of February 2020 Vaughan Garret's Favorite Finds for my 1754 2 Reales!
    “Today’s the day!”- Mel Fisher
    “It’s so much fun!”- Kurt from the Hoover Boys

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    JW Fisher 8x - V2... with skid.

Only detector for the job.

Don't waste money and time on anything else.
    It's just a PI like many other machines, a bit overpriced for it's performance, in my oppinion.

Apr 2020
    9 times
    Thanks so much GreenBoy. i was hoping for advice from someone like u who has the experiance of searching for large and deep objects. After so much advice coming in (for which i am sooooooooooooo grateful) i am being drawn to the conclusion that it may be advisable to use two different types of detectors if sufficient project funding is available. That is another side that i have to seriously consider. warmest regards

Apr 2020
    9 times
    Dear AARC....... i am looking for a cannon for sure and being new to this science, am relishing all the advice coming my way. i find the certainty with which you speak very exciting and makes my confidence level jump

Apr 2020
    9 times
    oh yes yes coinboy..........will certainly inform you but it will be a couple of years from now. need to do more research on where is could have sunk and org funding.
    chub likes this.

Apr 2020
    9 times
    That is an important part of my research but still dont have an answer. i suspect it was during the Monsoon season (july-sep), when the rivers rise to flood levels and currents are fast. in winter they are placid and break up into smaller channels and less chances of the ferry sinking with the gun. Zamzama

Apr 2020
    9 times
    Thanks ...........i found the detectors you mentioned on the net except DBP2010. can you please send me a link.
    Zamzama

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    233 times
    This is how i do it (my personal approach):

first, i use DBP2010 with 1m x 1m coil with settings to ignore all metal items smaller than, say a beer can. In this settins the machine will report large targets up to good 2m depth. I mark the areas with signal. Than i connect the smaller coil (38cm oval in my case) with settings pushed to the limit of detector's stability. The max depth is now again around 2m, but all small items will be reported. If there is no signal with the small coil on a designated area, it means there is at least one large target deeper than 2m. This area is documented and mapped for "better times", but i never dig 2m+ targets, unless there are additional favorable data besides the detecting part. Offently, i can identify many small targets on a designated area, they fake single big target signal when under the large coil at the same time. I disregard such areas. And finally, i identify large items with the small coil, by tracking the signal at the target's edges i estimate size and shape, by lifting the coil at max signal point it's depth is estimated.

I also own a simple home made earth resistivity meter, but due to the rocky and difficult terrain, i seldom ever use it. In river sediments, however earth resistivity tomograph would offer an extra value view. Proffesional toys are valued 10.000 EUR ++ but good side is there are companies where the instrument and personall could be hired, and they usually produce an A+ scan report with interpretation.
    Zamzama likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamzama View Post
    Thanks ...........i found the detectors you mentioned on the net except DBP2010. can you please send me a link.
    Zamzama

Zamzama and AARC like this.

Apr 2020
    9 times
    Dear EccentricinTexas...thanks for putting me onto the Resistivity Survey Meter. Useful device and i will need it as the initial area is 3x6 km. and bigger if i dont locate the cannon in this rectangle. Regarding the location of the river channel 260 years ago when the cannon was lost, i am putting in a request with a govt space org for a Satellite SAR image. which may show the old channel. Will certainly post pics if i hit jackpot.......... zamzama
    EccentricInTexas likes this.

Apr 2020
    9 times
    thanks alot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links