There has to be a reason ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: There has to be a reason ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9191 times
    I like my Nox in shallow water but prefer the Deus everywhere else
    A2coins likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8540 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    You must have missed their marketing blitz, they boldly claimed for months that the nox would obsolete all other detectors, and many bought into the hype. It is a very good detector to be sure but I think right now it is more trendy than anything, and I am guessing that sales of their top of the line units fell to rock bottom with the nox success.
    Most guy are gadget fiends face it, we want the latest and greatest. Fact is, the best detector out there, the best and greatest that will ever be, is the one you use the most - And that doesn't have to be the latest deep seeking monster with bluetooth and gps.

I have one btw, got it late last summer and haven't used it yet so I still reserve my impression of it. I got the simplex and have been using that alot ,, Will more than likely get an Apex when they hit the market, looks promising and I am a big fan of the Ace line.
    You got a brand new Equinox last summer and haven't used it yet? Why??
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32368 times
    Since I worked in repair center for 5 years my preferences have a lot to do with what the electronics are like inside the box, are they cheap electronics in a fancy box or are they just as good internally as the fancy box they are in. I own the Nox it is a good detector but I still own 4 excals and couple 3030s and they are not leaving my arsenal any time soon other than maybe 1 excal since I own 4 in different configurations.

One thing for sure, I want use anything that isnt multiple frequency.
    RustyGold and ColonelDan like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2424 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    True. I am using a couple of home made machines, have one yet to be boxed and intend to build another one (i have to keep pace with the market lol); i a have found so much trash over the years i coud open a private City dump - so they still must be top of the line, i guess. Or maybe there is no such thing as the best detector - just go out and use whatever you have, as often as you can.
    You can for sure step up your game with a more capable machine, like with any other tool its the user that makes the real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    You got a brand new Equinox last summer and haven't used it yet? Why??
    Git it in late AUG 2019, at that time what detecting I could do I was concentrating on water , didn't have the waterproof headphones for it, didn't want to learn a new machine with fall and winter coming on, so I used what I knew, the AT Pro.
    When detecting weather came around in early March of this year, what detecting I could do I used mostly my trusty Ace 400, once again didn't want to learn a new detector with the limited time I had [have been working right through the pandemic, sometimes 7 days a week] Simplex caught my eye and I got that about a month ago, found that to be pretty much turn on and go. Learned a few options, it is certainly deeper seeking than the 400 and better all the way around, so the plan is to learn that one good then see what I can do with the Nox, if it isn't up to my expectations or if I never devote time to learn it, then I'll sell it and not look back.
    Last edited by Xraywolf; May 19, 2020 at 03:22 PM.

us
    May 2020
    Teknetics T2 Se Ltd. Fisher CZ3D Minelab Etrac
    33 times
    I was out detecting a state park one time and there was another guy there detecting with his son. Always happy to see another enjoying the hobby I went over and introduced myself. They were using an old Heathkit? detector from the late 60s early 70s.

The guy was visibly ashamed of his machine. He said that he ran into other detectorists and a lot of them made fun of his detector, in front of his son.

This is where the (insert brand) lemmings/zombies piss me off. Why would someone do that? Is an $800+ detector an extension of their manhood? Are they that fragile within their masculinity that they have to run a guy down in front of his kid just because they are out enjoying the hobby?

Newsflash to anyone who thinks their choice of detector means ANYTHING outside of your own head, it doesn't.

The little boy was SO excited to see another person detecting. he came running up to me with some aluminum junk and a cheap ring. To him it was treasure. Was my first instinct to flex my manhood extension and call their detector junk? No. I was genuinely happy to see a dad and his son spending time together.

I think some of these neanderthals think that more expensive gear is some kind of super cool thing. Like all the ladies gonna be knocking down their door because they swing a certain detector, or that they spent a certain amount on it. Another newsflash. This is a NERD hobby. Once which I am proud to partake in. You won't be dropping panties at the bar when you whip out pictures of your Equinox.

But I see it in every nerd hobby I partake in or read about. Detecting, video games, cannabis cultivation (legal here). There always seems to be the portion of the community that thinks they are above the nerdiness and can look down on others.

I am sure with detecting it has been around since the beginning, but it has gotten 1000x worse with the Youtube idiots acting like unless you have XXXX brand, you are bad, your family is bad and you should feel ashamed.

They are some sick individuals.
    RustyGold, T.C. and CalReg like this.

us
    May 2014
    Wilmington NC
    Nox 600; CTX; Fisher CZ21; Minelab Excalibur II; White's Surf PI DF; 920i Stealth Scoop
    526 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Because its a good machine with many capabilities, waterproof, multfrequency, relatively cheap, good ergonomics/weight, decent warranty, and has the ability to change coils/headphones. These were features beach detectorists asked for. The excal/cz21 were heavy as could be. The CTX was $2500! The Equinox is cheaper and just as capable. That's why I have one at least.
    RustyGold likes this.

Jan 2020
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adamBomb View Post
    Because its a good machine with many capabilities, waterproof, multfrequency, relatively cheap, good ergonomics/weight, decent warranty, and has the ability to change coils/headphones. These were features beach detectorists asked for. The excal/cz21 were heavy as could be. The CTX was $2500! The Equinox is cheaper and just as capable. That's why I have one at least.
    Bingo bango

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucio21 View Post
    I was out detecting a state park one time and there was another guy there detecting with his son. Always happy to see another enjoying the hobby I went over and introduced myself. They were using an old Heathkit? detector from the late 60s early 70s.

The guy was visibly ashamed of his machine. He said that he ran into other detectorists and a lot of them made fun of his detector, in front of his son.
    This is where I draw the line too. Compassion for their experiences shows a certain kind of awareness. There are enough people out there that go about proving that uncaring selfishness, like stupid, seeks its own level.
    Lucio21 and CalReg like this.

– Albert Einstein

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2424 times
    Metal Detecting
    The only disdain I have for machines are ones made in china, I especially hate the pirated Garret Carrot clones. I keep that to myself unless they start bragging about the great deal they got. People use what they want to use and can afford, so long as it doesn't affect me I generally don't care.

us
    May 2020
    Teknetics T2 Se Ltd. Fisher CZ3D Minelab Etrac
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    This is where I draw the line too. Compassion for their experiences shows a certain kind of awareness. There are enough people out there that go about proving that uncaring selfishness, like stupid, seeks its own level.
    I just don't get it. They looked at them and saw an old, build it yourself detector and instead of being encouraging or helpful they just crapped on them. What kind of clownish imbeciles do something like that? Oh well. Hopefully me taking the time to talk to them and include them rather than act like some sort of elitist pig made them realize that the problem is on the tiny men and not them.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucio21 View Post
    I just don't get it. They looked at them and saw an old, build it yourself detector and instead of being encouraging or helpful they just crapped on them. What kind of clownish imbeciles do something like that? Oh well. Hopefully me taking the time to talk to them and include them rather than act like some sort of elitist pig made them realize that the problem is on the tiny men and not them.
    Myself, I would want to take a look at the old kit and see how it was made. It’s part of the history and development of metal detecting.
    Sometimes it’s what we give and not what we take.
    Lucio21 likes this.

– Albert Einstein

us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
    649 times
    The Equinox is very light weight, which is what I really like about it.
    RustyGold likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links