Garrett is back in the game with the Apex - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Garrett is back in the game with the Apex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2676 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Is that all you do, prowl forums looking to trash garrett for some odd reason ?
    More than likely you know nox sales are going to tank when the Apex is released, and are trying to reassure yourself that you still will have the best machine.
    That was actually a guess based on 2 posts, looked at your post history and what a joke - 90% Garrett bashing and sales section

Jul 2013
    1569 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Iím waiting for the AT Multi to come out next. Itís gonna be called the ATM lol.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    KY
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    111 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm happy Garrett is coming out with a multi-frequency detector. I don't use one, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. Without competition in the detector space the technology will stagnate. Innovate or die is the mantra they have to preach now.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2676 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by hound View Post
    I'm happy Garrett is coming out with a multi-frequency detector. I don't use one, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. Without competition in the detector space the technology will stagnate. Innovate or die is the mantra they have to preach now.
    Exactly - Anyone who would rant against detector equipment just because of brand is a superficial brat. Like many here, I have owned and used half a dozen models from various manufactures including Minelab and Garrett and love to see innovation regardless of who comes up with it. It remains to be seen what the Apex can do but it looks promising, the Ace series is by far the most widely sold and used detectors out there, I started with a 250 and went to a 400 eventually, great to see them modernizing the line. USA made and renowned customer service, its hard to see them flopping with this one.

us
    Sep 2018
    KY
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Exactly - Anyone who would rant against detector equipment just because of brand is a superficial brat. Like many here, I have owned and used half a dozen models from various manufactures including Minelab and Garrett and love to see innovation regardless of who comes up with it. It remains to be seen what the Apex can do but it looks promising, the Ace series is by far the most widely sold and used detectors out there, I started with a 250 and went to a 400 eventually, great to see them modernizing the line. USA made and renowned customer service, its hard to see them flopping with this one.
    Lot of tribalism going around. People seem to make their preferred brand part of their perceived identity. Anyone saying anything negative against that brand is perceived as a personal attack. Many also feel obligated to seek and point out flaws in other brands for some 'my brand is best' self reinforcement.

I could care less about brands. I'll use what works for me.

Jun 2014
    Texas
    Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800 Have used many detectors.
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltabfelix View Post
    I have the Nox 800 and when in Multi-IQ mode as far as I know there is no way as the user to know even what mixture of frequencies you are using. Some technical guys have put it on the scope and figured out what frequencies are used in different modes. But I don't remember what they were.

Park & Field modes: 7.8kHz + 39kHz
    Beach modes: 7.8kHz + 18.2kHz
    Gold modes: 40kHz + 5kHz

The Nox only uses two frequencies at any given time.

I see some commenting about the Vanquish already has the market the Apex is geared for. The Vanquish line can't be ground balanced. You can with the Apex. The Apex can use SMF or single frequency. Vanquish cannot do that.
    vferrari likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    secondstar

Mar 2017
    Massachusetts
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox
    2614 times
    Metal Detecting
    I preordered an Apex a few weeks ago. It’s important to remember that Garrett has commercial and public safety products that can (and have) buoyed their hobby division. Garrett took their time evaluating the market and will have a runaway hit on their hands with the Apex. I can’t wait to see the successor to their AT series of machines. Competition is good for the hobby. Perhaps XP will be forced to kick it up a notch and come out with a simultaneous multi frequency detector...
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links