Garrett is back in the game with the Apex
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Garrett is back in the game with the Apex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, stock coil, 15" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, Vanquish 540. sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot, Simplex. Author of "The
    1057 times
    Relic Hunting

Garrett is back into the game!

1st it was a good way to reveal a new detector with everyone!

No threat to the Equinxox technically EXCEPT it will get tons of new detectorists into the Garrett family and they will likely be loyal to garret. By the time they need to upgrade from the Apex Garrett will have a competitor to the Equinox line.

It is a direct threat to the Vanquish and Simplex+.

Garrett has proved (to me at least) it is not conceding it's sport division.

plus he revealed that there have been more than 1,000,000 Ace detectors sold.

as a side note, their factory is back to 100% in Texas and they secured the Apex parts in advance of the virus striking America.

Will they add these improvements to the AT Pro line to extend it? I am pretty sure they will. Too many AT Pro users out there. You will have a waterproof Apex on the AT Pro line with re-chargable batteries and lighter.

The design is cool more like the Equinox control panel and I am sure the Viper coil will be a great hit.

rechargable battery, true ground balance, lighter than Vanquish.

price: $425 - $499 w/o wireless headphones
    add $80 for wireless earphones.

Yes, Garrett is back into the game (did they ever leave?)

Existing Ace users will flock to the Apex, newbies will buy the Apex and stay with Garrett for years.

https://www.facebook.com/Garrettmetaldetectorsusa/

us
    Nov 2019
    Minnesota
    Radio shack detector
    74 times
    Prospecting
    Definitely looks interesting price is vary nice cant wait for everything to get back to normal

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9086 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Still haven't seen an actual release date yet, just that there will be one soon. I haven't see any ads on the detector sites yet either. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!
    calabash digger likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Still haven't seen an actual release date yet, just that there will be one soon. I haven't see any ads on the detector sites yet either. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!
    Around two month from now, on the 26th of July, according to the presentation.

I would really like to see how all these new detectors actually performs in terrain.
    calabash digger likes this.

us
    Apr 2019
    Springville, Alabama
    Fisher F44
    9 times
    Metal Detecting
    Whenever Garrett decides to get Apex to market will be months or even years ahead of the Cygnus unicorn. Haven't seen anything on that mystical creature since early April..
    Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    8824 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice entry level machine...but minelab has already done it with the Vanquish. Plus look at coil selection on the Vanquish. Nice to see Garrett coming into 2020 ...Here is the kicker their cheap detector has a iron audio now and their top tiers dont.... I wish they would have competed with the Equinox ....

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    Middle Schooler

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Nokta Makro Simplex, Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
    490 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I sure hope there’s an Apex AT in the future
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow
    Winner of February 2020 Vaughan Garret's Favorite Finds for my 1754 2 Reales!
    “Today’s the day!”- Mel Fisher
    “It’s so much fun!”- Kurt from the Hoover Boys

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31979 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Calabash is correct, it is an entry level machine. With a maximum of 20 khz they missed that boat. My antique Tesoro Lobo was about 20 khz. I get more stuff at frequencies WAY higher than that. Even multi probably make much of difference as most known spots have been hit with all the lower frequencies.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9086 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdan0831 View Post
    Whenever Garrett decides to get Apex to market will be months or even years ahead of the Cygnus unicorn. Haven't seen anything on that mystical creature since early April..
    I don't know how you could possibly know that for sure. Cygnus isn't trying to be an entry level detector, nor is it trying to compete with any other detector specifically. If Cygnus does what we hope it will do, it will far surpass anything the Apex will bring to the hobby.
    calabash digger and PowerDubs like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    14120 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Calabash is correct, it is an entry level machine. With a maximum of 20 khz they missed that boat. My antique Tesoro Lobo was about 20 khz. I get more stuff at frequencies WAY higher than that. Even multi probably make much of difference as most known spots have been hit with all the lower frequencies.
    Interesting. Do multi-frequency detectors tell you which frequency your target responded to?

I ask because I've never owned one. My F-75 can use five to suit conditions, but just one at a time.
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin

Jul 2013
    1620 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Garrett finally did true multi frequency. Way to go Garrett! Next will be the AT series with true multi and fully water proof.
    Coinboy and calabash digger like this.

us
    May 2020
    Teknetics T2 Se Ltd. Fisher CZ3D Minelab Etrac
    44 times
    I think this is a good thing, although they are continuing the ugly yellow plastic. I actually might buy this one. Does anyone know if that purple haired gal is still associated with Garrett? If not, I will order one asap!
    Coinboy likes this.

Jan 2020
    56 times

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio21 View Post
    I think this is a good thing, although they are continuing the ugly yellow plastic. I actually might buy this one. Does anyone know if that purple haired gal is still associated with Garrett? If not, I will order one asap!
    Are you referring to Jocelyn? What does she have to do with you ordering one or not?
    Last edited by Aeds151; May 15, 2020 at 11:11 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31979 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I think the purple haired lady is still promoting their products. Relic recoverist if memory serves.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    May 2020
    Teknetics T2 Se Ltd. Fisher CZ3D Minelab Etrac
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I think the purple haired lady is still promoting their products. Relic recoverist if memory serves.
    ahh bummer. Alrighty, thanks.
    Toecutter likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links