Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm either gonna get a Garrett GTI-2500 or Explorer II I would like input on both machines my local dealers are useless here, they all could not answer my questions and they all tried to sell me older units from diff. companies that they were stuck with.
All 5 dealers told me not to buy those units because they are to advanced not one asked me if I already had a machine and I had to tell them I already own an XLT. as soon as I said that they perked up and said of course, bring us the money and we will order you one sheeeeesh..... jd

Upvote 0

Shedman

Dec 31, 2003
I dont know where to get info on the Garret machine, but on this site there is a wealth of information on the EXII. I hope its of use to you. Please bear in mind it is a British site so the settings they give may not suit your soil conditions.

http://minelabowners.com/forum/index.php

T

TimeDog

Well the Explorer II is great However for me I would not buy one (even if I could afford them) due to the fact that in my area and the type of hunting I do, that large coil (10 1/2) was too big plus having to Learn that equipment (if you do get the Explorer I suggest you also order a smaller coil and be sure to take time to learn it. Myself I rather be able digging targets time and finding than trying hard to learn a Great but HARD to learn.

I myself had a Garrett 1500 and my wife has my older GTA Ultra 500 both Easy to learn and quick to use, Also would consider a great Tesco (again easy to learn and use). I could not figure a reason for the extra dollars for the GTI 2500 as the GTI 1500 has MORE than I ever need on mine. But BEST is that you Research your MD's and See if it will work for what you want to detecting. Remember you don't need the most HIGH Price just need the BEST for your Working, and if you don't need all of the Extra Bells and such.

Hope I was able to help a bit, as the main thing is to be Digging and Finding Great Items from the Ground...

Bob...

rjb

Greenie
Jan 10, 2004
Thailand
new detector

By all means check out the Tesoros. They are sophisticated, easy to use and excellent quality, a besy buy.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
What to do

J. d., go to this site. it may help in what your looking for in the type of detector that meets your needs. boomer

Choosing the right metal detector
How to choose the right metal detector for you and your family and your type of coin, relic and treasure hunting. ... Making Right Choices. Choosing The Right Metal Detector For You. ...
www.tesoroworld.net/Choosing.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions