Apex vs Nox 800? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Apex vs Nox 800?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    3,051
    1316 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The Deus has a depth gauge. Not actual numbers but by the amount the horseshoe is blackened or rather not blackened. And on the XY screen the length or ratjher the shortness of the line is a depth indicator. I agree it could be better but it works. Of course any depth indicator is dependant on the target size, etc. Most instructions say depth of "coin-sized" objects. But even within that, a penny or gum wrapper-sized aluminum foil will read deeper than a quarter if at the same depth. A good audio will also help. The Deus has the Audio Response control, you can set it so deeper targets sound fainter if you like.
    fishstick and RustyGold like this.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    L-rods are obsolete.

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

  2. #17
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2,498
    2721 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    First, The new Garrett machine is an "Entry Level" machine, meant to compete with the Minelab Vanquish 540, and other entry level multi-freq machines. The Equinox 800 is not and entry level machine - it is an "Intermediate" machine, that would eat the Apex's lunch. Apples and Oranges.
    Opinions are worth 0 without elaboration. Don't even see why anyone would speculate about a detector not even released yet unless they were a fanboy of a competing brand, which you appear to be.
    So Minelab releases a detector touting multi freq as the feature that will obsolete all other detectors ,,, Garrett releases a multi freq detector and its an entry level kids toy, ok sure whatever you say.

    I think it certainly has the potential to compete with nox, we'll see. I have the nox but haven't been motivated to put much time into it. Doing terrible in air tests, can barely get 4" from a penny. Hate the stunted VDI, tough to tell what they were thinking releasing an intentionally hobbled readout like that. Don't care for the ergonomics in general and the shaft seems to be loose and wobbly no matter what adjustments are fiddled with. Have heard multiple complaints that it leaks when dunked, and water capabilities was one of the main reasons I got it [as a backup for my AT]
    That said, I am not going to trash it until I get some field time and develop opinions on its capabilities with actual use.

  3. #18
    us
    Tom

    Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus & ORX, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/BigFoot coil, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    415
    307 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Doing terrible in air tests, can barely get 4" from a penny. Hate the stunted VDI, tough to tell what they were thinking releasing an intentionally hobbled readout like that. Don't care for the ergonomics in general and the shaft seems to be loose and wobbly no matter what adjustments are fiddled with. Have heard multiple complaints that it leaks when dunked, and water capabilities was one of the main reasons I got it [as a backup for my AT]
    That said, I am not going to trash it until I get some field time and develop opinions on its capabilities with actual use.
    Sure looks like you Trashed the Nox to me. After using the AT Pro and the Nox 800 I sold the ATP. Not nearly as deep, slower, heavier, not nearly the audio adjustments, and tiny screen IMO. But I'm not going to Trash the AT Pro
    Last edited by Tom Slick; Jun 09, 2020 at 11:22 AM.
    cudamark, Aeds151 and RustyGold like this.
    45 Years detecting
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, XP ORX, XP Deus, White's DFX w/BigFoot x 3, Tesoro Tiger Shark

  4. #19
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2,498
    2721 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    Sure looks like you Trashed the Nox to me. After using the AT Pro and the Nox 800 I sold the ATP. Not nearly as deep, slower, heavier, not nearly the audio adjustments, and tiny screen IMO. But I'm not going to Trash the AT Pro
    My direct observations with a machine in hand are my perfect right and hardly trashing, I've read lots of complaints about the wonky VDI, wobbly shaft and leaks - At least I am not making detracting guesses about a detector that hasn't even been released to the public yet. I hope it pans out with the nox, I can live with its flaws if it delivers. Been doing so well with the simplex that I haven't felt the need to try.
    Deep1 and VTColonialDigger like this.

  5. #20
    us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    3,051
    1316 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Also heard issues with the Nox headphones. Don't know about the APEX.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

    L-rods are obsolete.

    May you never take one single breath for granted.

  6. #21
    us
    Love Metal Detecting and Handguns

    Jun 2019
    Oklahoma City Ok
    Fisher CZ70 pro and Minelab 540
    7
    20 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12 View Post
    Which is better all around?
    I think a fair assessment could be made after the Apex has been out for six months. Nox has excellent reviews, cost more. Apex will be a good detector. Best thing to do is find what works well for your type of hunting. Then learn the detector. You donít have to have the most expensive detector to make great finds!!! My Nox has found some really nice finds !That being said , I also have a Minelab 540 pro that has been finding lots of great finds !! Last week I was on a small yard that dated back to the 1890s. The 540 found me a couple silvers and an old token!!! Wondering how it performed?? Did I miss anything?? Fired up the Nox800 and rescanned the yard . Very quiet. Nothing , nada . The 540 cost half as much as the Nox ......... I know the Nox very well and am learning the 540 . I think that speaks volumes of what the loser cost machine can do . Knowing your detector will bring you success...... no matter what brand you choose. HH Tony

  7. #22
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2,498
    2721 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think a fair amount of us will see no reason not to have both

  8. #23

    Jul 2013
    2,056
    1607 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nox had so many issues, thatís why I bought an XP instead. Can bet when the AT pro multi comes out there wonít be as many probs. Poor shaft, leaking, headphones, arm cuff, coil ears,... etc. Garrett at least puts out a product straight from market without multiple problems thatís at least usable.

  9. #24

    Jul 2013
    2,056
    1607 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12 View Post
    I guess I just think of entry level machines as being at a lower price point. Roughly $600 isnít peanuts especially for someone new to the hobby who isnít sure if theyíll enjoy it or not. I think of the $100-200 Bounty Hunter machines as entry level but maybe those are more designed for kids.
    Entry level machines are bounty hunters, Ace 250ís , Fisher F11, F22ís, in my book,...not the latest multi frequency detectors that offer more advanced choices that the beginner would not be familiar with. Veterans on here may call entry level machines that are more advanced for the beginner user, an entry level machine because itís simple and easy to understand, to them maybe yes, but for someone new it can be a real learning curve.
    Customx_12 likes this.

  10. #25
    us
    May 2017
    Kansas
    XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
    95
    56 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    My direct observations with a machine in hand are my perfect right and hardly trashing, I've read lots of complaints about the wonky VDI, wobbly shaft and leaks - At least I am not making detracting guesses about a detector that hasn't even been released to the public yet. I hope it pans out with the nox, I can live with its flaws if it delivers. Been doing so well with the simplex that I haven't felt the need to try.
    Minelab needs to correct their mistakes, or come out with the Equinox 2. Tried Minelab years ago in their Sovereign line but didn't like their heavy control boxes, shafts etc.....reason I went XP this time over the Equinox even though I realize the benefits of the multi simu frequency machines. Makes a person wonder if they do proper testing in the field before they ship their stuff out to the general public.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

  11. #26
    us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    1,220
    1534 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Reminds me of several camera review sites where you can find ratings listed for cameras that have not yet been released!!!
    RustyGold and snaps like this.

  12. #27
    us
    Mar 2020
    Minnesota
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV 10" MAGNUM Coil Garrett Ace APEX (COMING SOON!!)
    21
    22 times
    Metal Detecting
    Apex by far

  13. #28
    us
    Tom

    Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus & ORX, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/BigFoot coil, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    415
    307 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    "Apex by far" Because you have pre-ordered one? Well, it should be a great upgrade over your Bounty Hunter.
    45 Years detecting
    Current Arsenal: Minelab Equinox 800, XP ORX, XP Deus, White's DFX w/BigFoot x 3, Tesoro Tiger Shark

  14. #29
    us
    Ben

    Feb 2017
    Nebraska
    Equinox 800
    307
    1280 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Nox had so many issues, thatís why I bought an XP instead. Can bet when the AT pro multi comes out there wonít be as many probs. Poor shaft, leaking, headphones, arm cuff, coil ears,... etc. Garrett at least puts out a product straight from market without multiple problems thatís at least usable.
    I'm assuming you came late to the AT Pro party?? Lol tons of issues with that machine after release. My first one was completely defective right out of the box. Ended up being a great machine but to say its release was without issues is just false.
    Tom Slick and xr7ator like this.

  15. #30

    Jul 2013
    2,056
    1607 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by detectorben View Post
    I'm assuming you came late to the AT Pro party?? Lol tons of issues with that machine after release. My first one was completely defective right out of the box. Ended up being a great machine but to say its release was without issues is just false.
    I didnít say it didnít have issues.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Garrett Apex
    By Mojave1 in forum Garrett
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: May 16, 2020, 05:19 PM
  2. You Can Win A New Garrett Apex
    By John-Edmonton in forum Garrett AT Max
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2020, 08:37 AM
  3. APEX in mining.
    By Assembler in forum Hard Rock Mining
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2018, 01:50 PM
  4. Any one use Apex Picks?
    By Featherdfishead in forum Metal Detecting For Gold
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Nov 04, 2015, 05:44 PM
  5. Apex BodyBugg
    By lakillian in forum Electronics, Computers, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2010, 10:36 PM

Search tags for this page

nox 800 vs nox 600

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0