Searching old cellars

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Here's a tip. If there is any danger of it falling in, don't go in there.
It is unlikely there is anything worth the risk and
no treasure is worth you life.
Let it fall down, then go in.

HH,
Donny

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
amen, like djabend said, let it fall, or give it some help. or just wait a while till it comes down on it's own. I would not consider going in if looked safe, unless I had a buddy with me just in case.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First make sure you have a second hunter. Let him go first and if he comes out OK make him split the finds. ;D ;D ;D
Other-wise don't risk your life on a hobby. ;)
Burdie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i agree with the others. chances are there is nothing worth getting hurt over in the cellar hole. i would search around the outside and the surrounding area and leave the actual cellar hole alone.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info guys!!! But sometimes I feel like Indiana Jones!! ;D ;D ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the dang thing falling in there are snakes in those things! Nearly every one I have nosed around has a copper head or two, at least around this part of the country. Field mice nest in there and snakes love field mice. M :o nty

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I couldn't determine if the houses were still standing & it was the flooring structure that is weak, or the walls of an open cellar that's on the verge of collapse? Either way, could you possibly shore them-up temporarily?

If I thought it was a good site, I'd hunt them....but I'm not known for being the sharpest knife in the drawer.......and don't have a fear of snakes or critters If you decide to, definately go in prepared for the worst, and with atleast 1 partner.

Smitty

finders.keepers

Oct 28, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Even Indiana Jones hates snakes :)

When going into any hole or confined space there are heaps of things to consider including snakes and bugs, but air quality and cave in's should be up top of your list.

Be safe and good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 285

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
there is another post on this site about an immense cache found in cellar under the dirt in a corner, it included 10 dollar gold pieces, 5 dollar gold pieces, and a bunch of silver

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I came across a old foundation in the woods back of my place really grown over. Thinking of renting a small dozer clear it out and detect and sift it.......... ==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread