73 Quarter Hunt

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
I generally like to look for older stuff, but waiting for more crops to come out for some older places to detect. So yesterday I went to the middle school a couple of blocks away just to be able to swing the coil. I'm guessing I stumbled upon where they have had an Easter hunt with money instead of candy. I kept finding small piles of change which were mostly quarters just beneath the grass, no digging required. Most of the piles had a few coins to a little over a dollar. So I ended up with $20.85 total with 73 quarters and one $1 coin. If I'd known I had 73 as the count for quarters I would have stuck it out for two more to make it 75.

Upvote 0

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly $21 on a hunt is better than we can usually expect and if a person figured in gas money to and from plus batteries I'd say you were well ahead. Good going on a day well spent.....er ah maybe I should say well earned

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, I had a similar experience last week at a local park amphitheater, the ground was littered with quarters but I had to dig an inch or two for them. Ended the hunt with 65 quarters.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember the exact number of quarters on my best clad day in Atlanta, but I used to hit 40 on a regular basis and call it a day, before I moved to a rural location. Amazing how much clad has built up in places not being detected because they probably don't have any silver in them. Congrats on hitting 73!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread