Im Curious and This Could Be Funny-Please Read & Comment
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Im Curious and This Could Be Funny-Please Read & Comment

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Sep 2020
    Bangor, PA
    Garrett ATPro Garrett ACE400
    39
    85 times
    Metal Detecting

    I'm Curious and This Could Be Funny-Please Read & Comment

    Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm new here.

    What's the funniest comment you've ever gotten from a civilian while metal detecting??

    Mine is this by far:

    Lady walking her two dogs in a field I was about to detect while I was at my vehicle gearing up: "How long will you be here weed whacking? That sound scares my dogs."

  2. #2
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

    Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11,946
    14120 times
    Metal Detecting
    The one I have in my title: "Is that a Geiger counter?"
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    10,845
    9086 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    "Will that thing find paper money too?"
    ​Avitech Associate

  4. #4
    us
    Get Out And Dig!

    Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    -Minelab Equnox 800- -Garett ACE 250- -Garett AT Pinpointer-
    717
    1582 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Lady - "Are you looking for geo cashes?"

    Me - "Nope just metal detecting"
    My METAL DETECTOR is actually a TIME MACHINE

  5. #5
    us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
    1,364
    1632 times
    i dont remember king tut coming though here,if you need money you should get a cup and go down to the 7-11.these is why i mainly go the the desert now

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    "Will that thing find paper money too?"

    It should if they are Silver Certificates
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

  7. #7

    Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3,273
    6018 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I got a tip from my brother about a park on a lake where he had eyeballed a large cent. I was there the next Saturday at sunup and noticed two cars in the parking lot when I arrived. I figured they were most likely fishing.

    When I got down to the beach I saw two couples swimming. After detecting the sand for a while, the two couples came racing out of the water wearing nothing but a smile. They yelled, "We thought you were going to shock the water"! I told them I was the one that was shocked!

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    17,810
    25664 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Young couple out for a hike, the girl says, "What are you looking for?"

    Without looking up or taking off my headphones I responded, "Ex-wife number three. I forgot to get my diamond ring back before I buried her."

    Here's the kicker - County Police cruiser pulled up on me 15-minutes later. After a tense but brief conversation, we all laughed, I gave them my knife shop business card and told them to give me a call.

  9. #9
    us
    Middle Schooler

    Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Nokta Makro Simplex, Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
    300
    490 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    “What’s this young man doing here with a gun!” I’m assuming that couple was referring to my black pinpointer...
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow
    Winner of February 2020 Vaughan Garret's Favorite Finds for my 1754 2 Reales!
    “Today’s the day!”- Mel Fisher
    “It’s so much fun!”- Kurt from the Hoover Boys

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    10,845
    9086 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlateBeltDigger View Post
    Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm new here.

    What's the funniest comment you've ever gotten from a civilian while metal detecting??

    Mine is this by far:

    Lady walking her two dogs in a field I was about to detect while I was at my vehicle gearing up: "How long will you be here weed whacking? That sound scares my dogs."
    I had a similar response one day while detecting a curb stip. A lady walking her dog came up to me and asked "where did you buy that?" I told her.....can't remember which detector store it was.......she looked a bit puzzled, but, then, said "I'll have to check that out. I want to get one for my husband because he doesn't like noise, and that's the quietest weed whacker I've ever seen" I just had to laugh as I explained what it actually was.
    ​Avitech Associate

  11. #11
    us
    Sep 2020
    Bangor, PA
    Garrett ATPro Garrett ACE400
    39
    85 times
    Metal Detecting
    Terry is in the lead here with SD51 a close second lol!!

  12. #12
    us
    Sep 2020
    Bangor, PA
    Garrett ATPro Garrett ACE400
    39
    85 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Young couple out for a hike, the girl says, "What are you looking for?"

    Without looking up or taking off my headphones I responded, "Ex-wife number three. I forgot to get my diamond ring back before I buried her."

    Here's the kicker - County Police cruiser pulled up on me 15-minutes later. After a tense but brief conversation, we all laughed, I gave them my knife shop business card and told them to give me a call.
    That's a great story right there!

  13. #13
    us
    Don

    Feb 2016
    Missouri
    macro racer 2, whites mx5, trx pinpointer
    803
    1169 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    I got a tip from my brother about a park on a lake where he had eyeballed a large cent. I was there the next Saturday at sunup and noticed two cars in the parking lot when I arrived. I figured they were most likely fishing.

    When I got down to the beach I saw two couples swimming. After detecting the sand for a while, the two couples came racing out of the water wearing nothing but a smile. They yelled, "We thought you were going to shock the water"! I told them I was the one that was shocked!
    Lol, now that's funny right there, loved it. I've never had anything funny except a couple people have ask me about my "geiger counter" but have read where others have had the same happen so nothing new there. Lol shock the water.

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    17,380
    31979 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Was detecting thirty something years ago where they were just putting in hew houses. A guy comes over as we were leaving and asked if we were looking for radioactive materials, I said yes, the government lost some hot stuff around here awhile back - and left. At least that's what I remember...however, I'm not sure, I may have just said "metal in the ground", but I know I was THINKING about answering with the radioactive line.

  15. #15
    us
    Jan 2014
    Utah
    210
    261 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just got back from the local soccer fields and at one point I was surrounded by 6 little kids, one asked if I was looking for dinosaur bones, needless to say but they ended up with most of my change, kids are great aren’t they and hard to say no too!!!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sep 08, 2017, 11:04 PM
  2. This Comment Sums It Up! Please Read.
    By Hefty1 in forum Dredging & Hi Banking
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2011, 12:17 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2009, 03:33 PM
  4. am i the onlyone that does this??? please read, and comment
    By chong2 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2007, 10:43 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0